ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
MRE source?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmc

PostPosted: 8/19/2007, 10:21 am    Post subject: MRE source? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone finding a decent local (tucson) or online place to get MRE's?

I'd like to trail some but just wanted to see if someone had a favorite place of doing buisness with for getting them.

This is what I'm looking for.

cmc
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 8/19/2007, 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Been using the US military rations since I moved to Arizona in 1967. At that time I purchased them at Yellow Front. Sometimes you could get 3 for a dollar. They came in a small cardboard box and inside were three small cans a main entree, side dish or snack, a second snack and a assessory packet that contained gum, salt, pepper, sugar, coffee, matches and toilet paper.

Today the MRE'S are available in most communitties. Since you live in Tucson I would suggest Millers Surplus near down town.

The web site is a great link and has some very good information. I prefer the MRE as the main items for my outdoor food needs. They are precooked, and self contained, no water needed except when you use the heater. If water is not a issue or problem, items from aisle 3 and 4 in your local Basha's works very well.

Most MRE's come with the heater when you purchase the complete meal. Follow the directions on the heater for use. I seldom use the heaters, otherwise I use my snow peak stove.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: