ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
An important piece of gear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 11:09 am    Post subject: An important piece of gear? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking to add one more piece of gear to your collection of really handy things to have on a trip?

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72729.asp?promo=xsells
Daryl

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Invented by Homer Simpson?

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm thinking Stan's girls could be so much more productive around the campfire with this item.
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Battery-powered motor gently rotates the marshmallows for even melting without scorching, and uniform browning on all sides.

Suz wrote:
I'm thinking Stan's girls could be so much more productive around the campfire with this item.

Wow melts them without burning them. I'm sure Emily will figure a way to have the three of them on fire and rotating while she's huffing and puffing them out. I guess that's more productive, and wow, only for $40.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool, but here is the real question... do the individual marshmallows also rotate so they can be browned evenly on all sides? Wink Rolling Eyes

I want to shine!
lzyboy

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Cool, but here is the real question... do the individual marshmallows also rotate so they can be browned evenly on all sides? Wink Rolling Eyes

Actually, they would naturally rotate individually as the group rotated, but if the individual marshmallow counter-rotated, then the effect combined would be no rotation at all, with immediate incineration. Say What? Conversely, if there was additional individual rotation in the same direction, this would multiply the rotational rate by whatever the ratio of rates would be, which might be able to amplify rotational forces to the point of slinging molten marshmallow over a large area Whoa! , creating additional hazards (and the possibility of an effective lawsuit against the manufacturer) which might just be something to behold, and better than an actual fireworks show. On the other hand... Oh wait, the phone is ringing, I'll be right back... Silly y'alls miss me?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my goodness! I was waiting for a math problem to come up in there some where! Long time no hear from Pete! Good to see you (or at least your avatar!)

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lzyboy wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:

Actually, they would naturally rotate individually as the group rotated, but if the individual marshmallow counter-rotated, then the effect combined would be no rotation at all, with immediate incineration. Say What? Conversely, if there was additional individual rotation in the same direction, this would multiply the rotational rate by whatever the ratio of rates would be, which might be able to amplify rotational forces to the point of slinging molten marshmallow over a large area Whoa! , creating additional hazards (and the possibility of an effective lawsuit against the manufacturer) which might just be something to behold, and better than an actual fireworks show. On the other hand... Oh wait, the phone is ringing, I'll be right back... Silly y'alls miss me?

Y'alls been gone Question Razz
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
lzyboy

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Y'alls been gone Question Razz

Oh, ya know, this whole gettin' married thing, then changin' jobs and movin' into this incinerator you folks call "the Valley" Crazy . Kinda been outta touch. Now the little woman wants me to go to California and Oregon for a week Spinning , sample a bunch of wine, raft the Rogue, hike in the Cascades, junk like that. Just thought I'd stop in and say 'howdy' for a second. Been checkin' out the gallery, y'alls been BUSY! Agree But still, I gotta get me one of these marshmallow thingys!!!
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya know, Abe asked permission to come aboard....dude had it totally wrong.....y'all gotta get permission to leave! Evil or Very Mad And guess who from Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
IGO

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my god. One good marshmellow and you're blinded for life.
I think Freddy invented this one.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Abe

PostPosted: 8/1/2007, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Ya know, Abe asked permission to come aboard....dude had it totally wrong.....y'all gotta get permission to leave! Evil or Very Mad And guess who from Rolling Eyes

What? What's the question? Marshmellow, what????
azhiker96

PostPosted: 8/2/2007, 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Slinging marshmellows reminded me of a funny thing that happened when I was a roughneck in the oilpatch. During slow times we would wash and paint the rig. Of course, the paint would have settled and we'd have to spend a lot of time and elbow grease to stir it. Dale (a good friend) called me into the top doghouse (driller's office) to show me something. He'd taken a piece of thick welding rod and bent it into an L shape. Then he inserted it into an electric drill. I said I thought it wasn't a good idea but he persisted so I stepped outside to watch from a safe distance. Dale inserted the bent end of the rod into a gallon of paint. It actually worked great, until he hit the inside of the can with the rod. It punched a hole in the can, grabbed the can, and slung it at about 600 RPM. Dale and most of the inside of the office were coated in fresh blue paint which wouldn't have been bad except the chosen color for inside was white. I almost herniated myself with laughter. rofl
GringoDiablo

PostPosted: 8/10/2007, 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey I got one of those! But it's old school it's called a stick Laughing

Gringo Diablo Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: