ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Smokin' deal for the wee-footed gals.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 8/2/2007, 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
.......................................However once again I am trying to get some trail shoes in my size, which is 10 and a half narrow. ..................

I, too, have a narrow (and low volume as well) foot with an even narrower heel.
I wear these (with superfeet) & they fit like a glove.
http://classic.mountainzone.com/gear/montrail/index.html

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/2/2007, 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Each place I look Kurt they are all medium width.... are you saying that a medium width with super feet fit your narrow, low volume skinny heel? Cause that is my exact problem and for that reason every boot I have ever bought has given me blisters! Therefore I now wear trail runners even to back pack in....

I want to shine!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 8/2/2007, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've heard great things about Montrail, but would have to go somewhere to try them on, as they apparently don't come in 10 and a half. I have tried Superfeet, and they were helpful. I, too, have a very narrow heel, and for this reason have worn the same pair of Vasque boots for quite awhile, and have had them resoled. But they are heavy, and now they really are wearing out, and I would like to have more than one hiking shoe, anyway. I've been dayhiking in my Asics regular running shoes a lot lately.

By the way, the nearest store to me that sells good hiking shoes would probably be Babbit's in Flag, which is close to 200 miles. (And they have sub-standard customer service at that store.) So I can't just run out and try some on any old time. If the New Balance ones don't fit me I'll just have to make a trip to Summit Hut in Tucson. Summit Hut rocks!

A friend with very bad feet--bunions, hammer toes, etc.--went to Summit Hut to try on some boots. They spent an hour and a half with her and found her the best fit she's ever had. She bought the boots, but later found them a bit cheaper on the internet. But she elected to keep the ones she had bought at Summit Hut, as a way to support their superior customer service.

Are you listening REI, Babbit's, etc? (At REI in Tempe kid in the boot dept. told me he had never HEARD of narrow shoes! Then he wandered away and didn't even offer to have me sit down and try some on!) And at Babbit's they are so overwhelmed with tourists they just don't seem to care about you. Same goes for that other place in Flag across the street from Absolute Bikes--I think it's called Aspen Sports or something like that. They just flat ignore you as though you aren't even there.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 8/2/2007, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
I've heard great things about Montrail, but would have to go somewhere to try them on, as they apparently don't come in 10 and a half.

Your favorite, Zappo's, has them in 10.5 http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7135091.html , as do Backcountry.com, REI and others.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 8/3/2007, 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, I see. Thank you! They're about the same price as the New Balance ones I ordered from there, so if those don't fit I'll send them back, try the Montrails, with the Superfeet. I was focusing on the shoes that do come in narrow.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 8/3/2007, 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Oh, I see. Thank you! They're about the same price as the New Balance ones I ordered from there, so if those don't fit I'll send them back, try the Montrails, with the Superfeet.
I was focusing on the shoes that do come in narrow.

They do not list these Vitesse's as "narrow", but they work great on narrow feet just the same. Good luck in your quest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: