ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Let's Talk about San Diego!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 6/10/2007, 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, good report, Suz. Glad the weather panned out for you! I used to live in Mission Beach, on Ostend Court. The rent was $75 a month. I split it w/ my brother. Those were the days!

Did you ride the roller coaster?
Suz

PostPosted: 6/10/2007, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I passed Ostend Court several times........sweet location for sure.

I am a roller coaster rider just and I have done that roller coaster before but just didn't do it on this trip. I'm saving that fun for my trip to Vegas in 9 days! Maybe I can get IGO to go with me????????

I like the one at the Sahara. Suppose I should start a new thread.
IGO

PostPosted: 6/10/2007, 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh man. I had it in my mind you were in Vegas this coming weekend. Well, at least the house is clean and the pictures are straight. LOL.
I hereby state by all present and witness thereonto that I unequivocally AM NOT askeered of no roller coaster. …. Mostly. Scared
Suz, remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/5/2007, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jen and I went to San Diego last weekend to escape the heat. We stayed at a cute little studio (www.missionbaystudio.com) more reasonable than the hotels were asking and in a great location. Went to Sea World on Friday, kayaking to the 7 Caves at La Jolla on Saturday. Saturday night went to our favorite pizza place UNO's right off Mission Bay. Sunday we went to the Natural History Museum where the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit just opened, then caught lunch in Sea Port Village at Buster Beach Bar I think it was called. Then made the long drive home afterwards, stopped off at the Dunes just outside Yuma, plenty hot there. I climbed a dune or two and ran down the steep side (not as hard as it looked, well running down it at least). Pretty cool, wouldn't want to hike very far on them though.

I put a bunch of pictures in the gallery. Check them out Here

Sure is nice down there right now, could even put the car windows down and drive around!

-TIM-
threedogz

PostPosted: 7/5/2007, 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What awesome pics. I can't wait to see the Polar Bears. Where did you see that Clydesdale horse?

We are going in two weeks.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/5/2007, 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The Clydesdale's are at Sea World, it's owned by Anheuser Bush so they have a 6 or 8 of them there w/ stables and all.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/5/2007, 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim, Looks like you and Jen had a wonderful time and snagged somne great pictures (Yes even the picture taker has done quite well! ) I really like the 2 pics of Jen at the dunes! Very Happy
IGO

PostPosted: 7/6/2007, 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That was a fun spin in the city Tim.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: