ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dew's gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 11/2/2003, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Sorry, guy. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Sorry for your loss. I know how much a dog can mean to a person.

Echoing that, Hooli.

Take care,
Jim.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/2/2003, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Hooli update Reply to topic Reply with quote

I talked to Hooli tonight. He's doing well. He put over 1100 miles in today. He's spending the night in OK and moving on in the morning.

GTG
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/2/2003, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. He's not wasting any time is he!! Hey, we should give him a dog shower! Very Happy Did that come out right?? Well, you know what I mean! Please tell him we are eagerly waiting for him and Rich to get back.

Sherileeaz Cool
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli,

Sorry to hear about Dew's passing...my thoughts and prayers are with you & Dew. Have a safe trip ...
mtnman

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, Sorry to here about your friend and companion. Have a safe trip.

Michael
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I'm in Joliet, Il....not the prison....Holiday Inn. Brought my laptop and they have data portals in every room...also signed up with Earthlink limited so I could get on. Will be in Saginaw tomorrow and meet Rich...really looking forward to it. Need a Basenji to love and spoil...can't replace Dew....Rich is his own individual just as Dew, Bo, Strider, Lady and Star Were. I'm not thinking of what I lost.....I'm concentrating on all that I was given by all my pups; those are happy thoughts!
Sheri, you mention "shower" around a 'senji and they'll run like hell! Absolutely hate water!
PS you wanna give me a shower we can....... Diablo
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Well, I'm in Joliet, Il....not the prison....Holiday Inn. Brought my laptop and they have data portals in every room...also signed up with Earthlink limited so I could get on. Will be in Saginaw tomorrow and meet Rich...really looking forward to it. Need a Basenji to love and spoil...can't replace Dew....Rich is his own individual just as Dew, Bo, Strider, Lady and Star Were. I'm not thinking of what I lost.....I'm concentrating on all that I was given by all my pups; those are happy thoughts!
Sheri, you mention "shower" around a 'senji and they'll run like hell! Absolutely hate water!
PS you wanna give me a shower we can....... Diablo

LOL!!!
I'm home sick now, my family isn't too far from Joliet, you'll probably pass right by my hometown, Portage, Indiana. If I didn't have my own dog to watch after, I'd have bummed a ride with you up that way.

The temperature is sure different isn't it! Next you'll be wanting a hot toddy and slippers when you return! Of course Rich can have anything he wants!! Will enjoy seeing him. Fun to take him on hikes.

Drive safely, no telling if it will end up snowing or sleeting this time of year where you are. I sure don't miss that!!

Sherileeaz Cool
ck1

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Well, I'm in Joliet, Il....not the prison....Holiday Inn. :

That's a sweet drive in on I 80 huh...nice corn fields...a few huge oil refinaries and then you get the south side of chicago, though taking the skyway will allow you to avoid the real beauty spots.

Illinois sure isn't Arizona as far as natural beauty. Though I still miss it.

Enjoy the drive, Michigan should be beautiful with the changing season....on your return drive, if you have the time, pull over in Indiana, stop for a burger in New Buffalo at Reddimacks, then hit the dunes at Michigan City...beautiful area.

"The Journey is the Destination"
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The colors in the Ozarks were amazing! every shade of red, gold, yellow and brown you can imagine! Came through Oklahoma and Missouri. But Will be glad to get home.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/3/2003, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
evenstar wrote:
Well, I'm in Joliet, Il....not the prison....Holiday Inn. :

That's a sweet drive in on I 80 huh...nice corn fields...a few huge oil refinaries and then you get the south side of chicago, though taking the skyway will allow you to avoid the real beauty spots.

Illinois sure isn't Arizona as far as natural beauty. Though I still miss it.

Enjoy the drive, Michigan should be beautiful with the changing season....on your return drive, if you have the time, pull over in Indiana, stop for a burger in New Buffalo at Reddimacks, then hit the dunes at Michigan City...beautiful area.

Umm you'll also be going through good ole Gary, Indiana, it's tempting to drive fast through there (highest crime rate) but don't, actually don't speed in Indiana, the State Police there are ruthless. Not sure what they drive now, but use to be unmarked Cameros.

About Reddimacks, it;s closed this time of year. But New Buffalo has a beautiful lakefront, you can see the Chicago skyline from there.
There is a good wine tasting vineyard in MI just over the Indiana/Michigan stateline, Tabor Hill, worth stopping there.

Did I mention I'm homesick now, sigh.

Sherileeaz Cool
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/4/2003, 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I'm here in Saginaw, MI, downloading at a blazing 14.4 kbs! AAAAARRRRGGGGG! Will head over to meet Rich in about an hour.

Oh BTW Sheri....Have huge Jacuzzi in room Multi

Probably be home mid-day or so Sat. Not gonna be in any big rush Very Happy
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 11/4/2003, 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have huge Jacuzzi in room Multi

Hoolie, the pharmacist told you....do not exceed recomended dosage!!!!! Crazy
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/4/2003, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, Jacuzzi ain't in the bathroom....it's big four person thingy in the bedroom with huge mirrors on two sides.......and just spent 20 minutes in it by myself Crying or Very sad
Oh well....
Rich curled up on the bed and watched...totally bored! HE'S AN ABSOLUTE SWEETIE! Can't wait for y'all (concession to Mike there Rolling Eyes ) to meet him. He's gonna need his feet toughened up, but think he'll make an excellent hiker! Rich is sitting on a chair next to the desk now just watching me calmly. Very Happy I'm a very lucky dude.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/4/2003, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Well, Jacuzzi ain't in the bathroom....it's big four person thingy in the bedroom with huge mirrors on two sides...

You have no idea how funny that sounds, do you Hooli??

Classic.

Funny how your new found buddy finds you boring too... Laughing

Just kidding bud.
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 11/4/2003, 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Attaboy Rich! Keep him on his toes....

Hoolie, he's trying to say Morton's of Chicago, and Rib Eye.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: