ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Enchanted rugged Eagles Nest Wilderness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 3/22/2007, 11:37 am    Post subject: Enchanted rugged Eagles Nest Wilderness Reply to topic Reply with quote

This last summer I did a hike up into the Eagles Nest Wilderness (aka Gore Range), and hiked up Red Peak (13,189')

I had finally posted pics of this amazing area.
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvk56&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
gpsjoe

PostPosted: 3/22/2007, 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome place!! Great Pics. I'll be back in CO twice this year. Once in mid-July and again at the end of August. Hope to make it to Eagles Nest.
nf1

PostPosted: 3/22/2007, 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! I'm intrigued! How long of a trip this? It looks phenomenal
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 3/22/2007, 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nf1 wrote:
Wow! I'm intrigued! How long of a trip this? It looks phenomenal

This was an all day adventure, it was about 14 miles. i started at 8:00am and finished at 5:00pm. And was over 4,000 foot evevation gain ( acumlative).

I'm looking foward to doing another peak in this range. it's so enchanting that it's a very addicting range to get into.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 3/23/2007, 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OMG,

These are great pics! If I had any doubt about my one chance to get to Colorado this year I think they were just cleared. I'll be there in June come heck or highwater!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
nf1

PostPosted: 3/23/2007, 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Canyon Dweller wrote:

This was an all day adventure, it was about 14 miles. i started at 8:00am and finished at 5:00pm. And was over 4,000 foot evevation gain ( acumlative.

Now that's my kind of hike. Thanks for sharing. thumbs up

Nick
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 3/23/2007, 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nf1 wrote:

Now that's my kind of hike. Thanks for sharing. thumbs up

Nick

I posted a trip report just after doing this hike back in August. I dug it up and if your interested in reading it, here it is....
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62307&highlight=#62307

Trishness, these mountains are about an hour from Winter Park. These is the most Fascinating Mountains in the area. I would definatly recommend a hike here, but GET IN SHAPE!!! I cannot emphesize that enouph. There is no such thing as a short hike in this range, unless you just want to hike untill you had enouph and head back.
If your driving up here, I'd recomend driving through Utah to I-70. You can view these mountains when you get into Vail and once again when you get to Silverthorn.

Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 3/24/2007, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confused me there for a minute. I saw the pictures before I read that you did it last summer. I couldn't believe there wasn't snow up there. Now it makes sense. Maybe next summer for a CO trip, this July is Rainier, it took the place of a CO trip.

-TIM-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: