ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Party at Hikngrl's house! January 20th, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(0)
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 12/27/2006, 6:25 am    Post subject: Party at Hikngrl's house! January 20th, 2007 Reply with quote

I would like to have a party at my house to celebrate my wonderful friends who have done so much for me over these past months! The AZH Corps of Engineers worked so hard on helping me put up my cabinets, Some helped me pick out paint, some helped with the painting it's self while others helped with the detail work.... Others have been there just to listen to me whine about how bad I have it when all along I am the luckiest girl in the world and you are all the most wonderful people in the world! I just want to thank you all!

What better way to thank this group of people than with a bunch of food around a fire? So, I will make two pots of yummy soup and some home made bread in my beautiful new kitchen. I will have a big ole tub of drinks on hand and a fire pit in the back yard and we will have an evening of laughter and food to celebrate you! How does that sound?

The chosen day will be January 20th. It is a Saturday on a two day weekend. I was gonna have it the weekend before but realized I am on call both Friday and Saturday that weekend and am doing the half marathon (no I am not running, I am just walking) on Sunday so I couldn't find time to put a party in there! Hope this timing works out for most!

If you can come please take a moment to register so I can start looking forward to seeing you again!

Suz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, did you notice NO harassment from me? Rolling Eyes

So we just about have a roving box of party dishes/serving utensils and we could add a bouncing box of bar booze?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes Susan I did notice and I am very proud of you my friend.... notice the nice tone to that remark.....The bouncing box of bar booze may be a good idea! I have a few bottles I could add! Ya can't have my bourbon though cause I need that for two of my favorite recipes!!!

I want to shine!
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

"oh yum! I just can't wait to see what I find in my panty! I may even get it completely cleaned out and organized again after I get all the food out of there that has been hanging around taking up space!"

First of all, that's WTI! and secondly, I'm sure you'll find you have even MORE friends once you get all that food out of your pantry, Sherl... Rolling Eyes

And, Hooli... even though we are your friends, we really don't CARE which hand you hold it in as long as we don't have to help! Crazy

Let's clean up our talk a bit here, people! Really! Some people's kids.... Shocked

See ya'll at Diane's!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Valet2 wrote:
Quote:

"oh yum! I just can't wait to see what I find in my panty! I may even get it completely cleaned out and organized again after I get all the food out of there that has been hanging around taking up space!"

First of all, that's WTI! and secondly, I'm sure you'll find you have even MORE friends once you get all that food out of your pantry, Sherl... Rolling Eyes

And, Hooli... even though we are your friends, we really don't CARE which hand you hold it in as long as we don't have to help! Crazy

Let's clean up our talk a bit here, people! Really! Some people's kids.... Shocked

See ya'll at Diane's!

Sheesh....I was talkin''bout which hand to hold the GPS in. Doh!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
I here by state that I reserve the right to kick any one out who displays EXCESSIVE harassment of the hostess! Embarassed

Oh, I would NEVER Harass our lovely, always innocent Rolling Eyes Hostess! NEVER....I was harassing, er, uh........IGO; yeah, that's it, I was Harassing IGO.....or was it Hnak? Yeah, that's it.....Hnak.....or was it......Well whom ever, If I should EVER harass our Hostess, may Richie Rich bite me in the a.....Dammit Rich, get away from me! Laughing
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
Hnak

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alright.... I'll behave myself.... Mr. Green angel Ok Say What? boing fingers crossed
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Valet2 wrote:
Quote:

See ya'll at Diane's!

No it wasn't my quote!!!
That was a quote that Diane had put from years back.
And the friend I am, I did a search and sure enough found it!
I thought most of you would have recognized it!!!
Especially now that she redid her "panty" errr pantRy!!!

Sheri <--sweet innocent one with no pantry, I mean no pantry!!!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sherileeaz wrote:

Sheri <--sweet innocent one with no pantry, I mean no pantry!!!

What Hank said Rolling Eyes
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, Sherl... it was Diane's uh? Wait a minute... and now she's making soups and we're suppose to come eat it... eeewwwhhh!! Shocked

Hooli, sure it was your GPS... we believe that... no problem... Rolling Eyes
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Valet2 wrote:
Oh, sorry, Sherl... it was Diane's uh? Wait a minute... and now she's making soups and we're suppose to come eat it... eeewwwhhh!! Shocked

Hooli, sure it was your GPS... we believe that... no problem... Rolling Eyes

Oh Patti, Diane is a very good cook. She puts in all the ingredients unlike her spelling where she left out the R ... my oh my what a difference a little letter can make!! But if she says it's "panty soup" instead of "pantry soup" I think I'll pass!! Laughing

[/url]
Suz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Diane----if the rain keeps up are you going to need some additional seating for in the house?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! This thread went to the bad place in the distal end of an upper extremety woven receptical quickly didn't it!? I guess if it is still raining by tomorrow night all of you who volunteered to bring fire wood may as well just leave it at home....

Suz, most didn't sit at your party any way so I am tinking I am ok for chairs.... besides I still have Tony's chair from months ago in my garage! I can get that out! Thanks though darlin'!

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
the bad place in the distal end of an upper extremety woven receptical

Say What? uh...oh never mind. Confused

see ya tomorrow! Mr. Green

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Suz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm making meatballs for tomorrow and hoping that I don't eat them all tonight.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/19/2007, 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
most didn't sit at your party any way so I am tinking

That's a bit too much info!
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: