ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Into a Desert Place

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizard

PostPosted: 9/29/2003, 12:06 pm    Post subject: Into a Desert Place Reply to topic Reply with quote

Into a Desert Place: A 3000 mile walk around the coast of Baja California
Author: Graham Mackintosh

The author of this book writes about a 2 year walk all the way around the desert coastline of Baja. Besides the route, his journey differed from that of most long-distance hikes. He lived off the land much of the way, and did the hike on a shoestring budget, sometimes leaving after a rest with less than $40 in his pocket. A great story about a fantastic adventure. Quite different from the glut of "I walked the AT from Georgia to Maine" books that are on this market. Highly recommended.
ck1

PostPosted: 9/29/2003, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like one to pick up...

Keeping with the Baja theme....might I suggest one I read this past summer while in Mexico..

In Search of Captain Zero: A Surfer's Road Trip Beyond the End of the Road
by Allan C. Weisbecker

I don't surf, but I loved this book. Great adventure story. Not your usual travel narrative. Quite enjoyable, easy read.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1585421774/qid=1064894501/sr=2-1/002-5197986-9864819?v=glance&s=books

"The Journey is the Destination"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: