ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
My latest projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 9/26/2003, 8:56 pm    Post subject: My latest projects Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have finally created the beginnings of my website. I'm trying to teach myself how to do HTML, PHP, XML and all that good stuff - so it's plain now, but hopefully will turn into something worthwhile as time marches on. You can find it at:

http://www.phxcomputing.com/jared/index.htm

I have also begun working on a blog:

http://www.olesma.blogspot.com/

That is infinitely more fun to write to - but difficult to code for. I'm still trying to incorporate a comments feature and that has taken up all of my posting time the last few days - but posting should be regular again as soon as I figure it out.

Neither is anything special - but they are fun and have become my newest hobies.

Go by and chech them out. Let me know what you think.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 9/28/2003, 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very nice! I'm sure you are going to add a little graphic flare in the future. Oh and by the way maybe you should learn a little ASP as well if you want to modify the current blog since that's what it is coded with. Personally I think PHP is the right choice and there are many blogs and or cms applications coded in it that and you can modify to your heart's content.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 9/29/2003, 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes - but I'm looking for cheap (free) and reliable. I haven't found any free PHP blog engines that are free yet. If you know of one, let me know.

I would like to be working wiht the Movable Type blog host - but they charge by the month (even if it is inexpensive) - I don't know, I may switch to Movable Type in a month or so when Blogger has done all it can for me.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: