ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Some Fall Flora and Fauna from Arizonaheat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 9:09 am    Post subject: Some Fall Flora and Fauna from Arizonaheat Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have enjoyed looking at everyones fall pictures, so decided to throw in my two cents.

Some are in Eastern Supes (Sycamore tree and Bear Paw), others are Eastern Arizona, Western New Mexico just inside the border a bit.

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvi90&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
cakewalk

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice shots!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome Kent, makes me sad I haven't been out enjoying the fall colors! Dang Hawaii!
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Love that classic "looking up" through the trees shot. You have a talent of getting very close to wildlife.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
You have a talent of getting very close to wildlife.

I have pushed it to the edge this year between several bears and then there was the lynx in the night on the Continental Divide.

However, this elk almost made my heart jump out of my chest. It was during the rut so bugling was all around. As you can tell by the sweat on it's coat it was on the run when we encountered each other. I was apparently down wind from this magnificent creature when I saw it coming out of the woods right toward me. When it finally saw me( actually it heard me as I got my camera), it stopped dead in its tracks. I could see his eyeballs get as big as silver dollars and it acutally stepped back in shock. I almost poohed my pants.
Elk can be agressive toward humans, especially during the rut and I was a sitting target.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow Heat! Love your photos! The color is so vibrant! I only got a taste of the color this year... hope for more next year!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/25/2006, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Really nice shots there AZHeat.... Very beautiful. If told my family once I've told them twice or more....it is not all sand and cactus here...

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 10/26/2006, 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Went to West Fork Mon and Red Rock Crossing Tues...have some awesome shots , but was not able to load them... I sent them to Todd,hoping he could do that for me.. FYI,there is still lots of color to be had..lower elevations just starting to turn,,,awesome days up there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: