ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
West Boulder Saddle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritzski

PostPosted: 9/6/2003, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If any of you have ever read "Senner's Gold", I asked Ron Feldman how he and Tom Kollenborn ever got horses to the top of Superstition Mountain. He said the went up a line of least resistance from West Boulder Cyn. That being said, I'm sure you could make it up from O'Grady and points beyond. As a caveat, he did say it was probably the most treacherous horse trip he'd ever done and would never dare repeat it.

I know several folks who have topped Super Mtn from Hieroglyphic Cyn so that's doable too. Linking the two together would no doubt be an epic undertaking totally worthy of "first ascent" status in the hiking world!
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 9/7/2003, 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been all but to the top of Superstition Mountain Via hieroglyphic canyon. I got within a 1/2 mile and had to turn around due to time constraints (it was mothers day and I couldn't miss mom's party now could I?). I have been down parts of ogrady but couldn't quite find any place that looked good enough to make an ascent. This trip has been on my wish list for a long time and I'm hoping that this will be the year. I'd like to go sometime in october-november and make a two day hike out of it.
fritzski

PostPosted: 9/7/2003, 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very nice! Please keep us posted on your planning.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 9/7/2003, 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Keep me posted if u want company. I've been up via Heiroglyphic and have always wanted to exit West Boulder to First Water. Kollenborn has good stories about Old West Boulder Canyon. Cattle actually used to graze in that country.

If you want it bad enough it can be done, it all depends on how much abuse you are willing to endure.

I've never got to hike with Fritzski yet so you should drag him along too, if you want any company.
Jhim

PostPosted: 9/20/2003, 7:57 pm    Post subject: hieroglyphic over the ridgeline Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's figure out when and go do it! Matt Gilbert and I were close. I'd like to do this one soon, and the full ridgeline from Siphon to Dacite (?) as an overnighter a little later.
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 9/21/2003, 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: hieroglyphic over the ridgeline Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jhim wrote:
Let's figure out when and go do it! Matt Gilbert and I were close. I'd like to do this one soon, and the full ridgeline from Siphon to Dacite (?) as an overnighter a little later.

I thought we were talking about exiting via Heiroglyphic Canyon and entering via Old West Boulder Canyon Question

Else entering the Ridgeline via Siphon Draw and exiting via Heiroglyphic Canyon sounds like fun Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: