ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Made in the Shade Beer Tasting Festival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 7/15/2003, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Made in the Shade Beer Tasting Festival Reply with quote

http://www.azbeer.com/mits/index.htm

A few of us - Hooli, messami, GTG, DWH, Stacystevie, Mike, Mrs Mike, and the Valets are planning on attending. We will be camping at the Fort Tuthill County Park are planning dinner at a local restaurant Friday evening, a hike of some sort Saturday, a pot luck barbeque Saturday evening and a recoup on Sunday. Reservations are reasonable and some of us are willing to share space in our campsites. I have tried in the past to get fellow hikers involved in this grand time and no one has ever joined in on the fun. I hope to see a few of you out there.

Don't be afraid, it's only beer.

Quote:

The Made in the Shade Beer Tasting Festival features live entertainment and beverage sampling outside under the cool pines of Flagstaff. The festival features over 50 breweries from all over the West Coast including Flagstaff and other Arizona breweries.

Produced by the Sun Sounds Foundation, the festival provides valuable funding to the Sun Sounds of Arizona. Sun Sounds of Arizona provides access to print for individuals who are blind, visually impaired or physically unable to read. Sun Sounds uses radio, telephone, and the Internet to connect people who have a disability with current printed news and information.

Date: Saturday, August 9, 2003
Time: 3pm to 7 pm, last pour at 6:30 pm

Hotel & Travel information for the Made in the Shade Beer Tasting Festival
Driving Directions
Fort Tuthill County Park & Fairgrounds is three miles south of Flagstaff across Highway 89 and Interstate 17 (Exit 337) from the Pulliam Airport. From Flagstaff: Travel south on Highway 89A or Interstate 17 and turn right into the park.

From Sedona: Travel north on Highway 89A. (Call 1-888-411-7623 to check road conditions.)

From Phoenix: Travel north on Interstate 17 to Exit 337; turn left and head straight into the park.

Hotel Information

Radisson Woodlands Hotel
1175 W. Route 66, Flagstaff 86001
Phone: 928-773-8888
Rates from $129 - $149

For more information on guest room accommodations include Bed & Baths and Hotels in the Flagstaff area, check out www.flagstaffarizona.org or call the Flagstaff Visitors Center at 800-842-7293 or 928-774-9541.
Camping Information
The Fort Tuthill County Park has a 113-site family campground. All sites are nestled among Ponderosa pine trees and have ample space for a tent or a trailer. Some sites have water and sewer hookups for R.V.s. Electricity is not available. Sites without utilities are $9 per night, with utilities is $13 per night. There is a reservation fee of $5 per site. Call the campground at 928-774-3464 to reserve your site.

Copyright © 2003 Sun Sounds Foundation, Inc.
Sun Sound's Foundation is a Non-profit Organization under IRS 501c(3).

Thanks,
GTG

kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 8/15/2003, 1:41 pm    Post subject: Beer Festival Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a little late with this write-up.

Went up to the Made in the Shade Beer Festival at the Coconino County Fairgrounds Friday evening with Janet about 5:30 and met Todd, Linda, John, Jaimie, Kent, Mike and Cristiana at the Fort Tuthill Campgrounds. We put up our tent so we wouldn't have to do so in the dark and we all went in to Flagstaff to Stromboli's for Dinner. Afterwords we went back to camp and visisted awhile, while the neighbors made a lot of noise and used a lot of fowl language. I think they were drinking whiskey. Todd and I stayed up untill about 1:00 AM. Got up about 6:30 AM. Todd and Kent made breakfast for all. Linda and Jaimie did the dishes. All of the group did a short hike along the Soldier trail; about a five mile loop around the campgrounds. Myself, Janet, Mike and Cristiana shortened the hike and headed into camp. Janet and I went into Flagstaff and called home to tell Briana we were going to stay another night. We got some coffee from Starbucks and headed back to camp to go to the Beer Festival. We don't drink very much so we planned to go in with half priced Non-drinking passes. For being Designated Drivers we got free shirts and all the free non-alchoholic drinks we wanted. I took some pictures and listened to the blues band. They were good; Honeyboy Dupree and the SmokeHouse Players. I wanted to get their CD but I'm poor. Had a couple sliders that were very good at a dollar each. Got tired of standing around watching a bunch of people get drunk, so Janet and I went back to camp and on the way back decided that we wanted to go on home that evening. I told Todd of our plans and we broke camp and came back home. We had a good time with our friends. Kids were glad to see us home early.

There are some photos in the Gallelry.

Honeyboy Dupree and the SmokeHouse Players:

About 10 years ago, an affectionate New Jersey barmaid began calling Sal Caffarello “honey,” and it stuck. From there, it wasn't long before his musician friends stretched it into his current nickname. Caffarello moved from New Jersey three years ago, and with the invaluable help of his harmonica-playing partner in crime, Robert Turner, put together a five-piece band that capitalizes on Caffarello's appreciation for the spirited Chicago blues of giants like Buddy Guy. This band recently won the Arizona Blues Showdown, sponsored by the Phoenix Blues Society, and went on to represent the Valley at an international blues competition in Memphis.
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 8/17/2003, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FINALLY... here is the link to my Festival photos contributions. I had an awesome time!! Can't wait til next year.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jmzblond/lst?.dir=/Made+in+the+Shade&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: