ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Because it is all art to me
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 4/3/2006, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BoyNhisDog wrote:
Ambika, Kurt and Michelle, thank you for the kind words. Soon the tourist season will arrive and my season for using Page as a fuel/rest stop will come to an end until late Fall returns. Every year I cherish the months when I want to go to a near ghost town and practically have the place to myself.

It is some powerful, motivational terrain. There are many places that lay not far from town which have not been seen by many people. Most collect at the same places over and over which is fine but there is so much more.

I've walked a many-a-mile from my boat in far corners of lake powell. Fantastic country behind the bathtub.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 4/3/2006, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Navajo mountain was beautifully laced with snow on this last trip Letty. It is surely one of the best landmarks in this world. I did a series of crossbedded sandstone both in color and B&W from this walk. I did some more of the leaf series in B&W as well. There was a downed but perfect moth, all bright and very interestingly marked, laying on the red sand. I saw so many things.

IGO, my wish at times is that I had some transportation to get a bit further out. Maybe the one thing that only having boots for the travel has brought me is the fact that you can find just about anything much closer than one might think. There is always somewhere I haven't looked. A boat would open a whole new world and I know where I would go first. Like Letty, my soul finds a place up in that country.
IGO

PostPosted: 4/3/2006, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes. Boating and walking out of the boat was wonderful on That Lake Powell but I hardly even ride my motorcycle anymore in favor of the walk. I hear what you say.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
threedogz

PostPosted: 4/4/2006, 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What marvelous pictures!

Heidi
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 4/5/2006, 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Amazing photos, Glen! Love the "cliff-hanger". Thanks so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: