ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dog
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
k9hiker

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi second that Evenstar. I volunteer for the For the Luv of Dogz rescue and it's really sad to see how some of the dogs come into the foster homes. These rescue peopel are like little doggy angles.
overrocked

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 10:20 am    Post subject: partner in crime Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good advice about having 2 dogs. Our Australian shephards/lab mix are sisters from the same litter. Since they have each other to groom, etc. they keep each other company. I'll have to try the teeth brushing thing, one of them has bad front teeth, since I have only given them biscuits and their rope for teeth care. I clip their toenails and give them a good brushing, since they shed like the dickens.They are getting old though, (7yrs) the last time I took them on a 10 mile hike in Snowflake, they were pretty pooped out. I don't like to take them hiking where I have to have a leash on them though. so I only take them to our 40 acre property where they can range like they were bred to. They are very obedient though, and even if they don't heel, they do everthing else.
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Great Kristyn, love to hear stories like that....but do you brush their teeth? Hope the answer is yes; if not, hope you'll give me the chance to change your mind.

I actually have them on a natural BARF diet and don't want to get into a debate about what I feed them. I have been in so many debates with vets and have just gotten sick of it. See I took my dogs off the diet a while back (vets advice) and before then they were very healthy, never sick after I took them off they had teeth problems, allergy problems and kept getting sick, now I have them back on it and will never go back. But, my dogs have the healthiest teeth eating what they do, sort of natural teeth cleaning. You can find a lot of information on the internet about this diet, my dogs probably eat healthier than I do.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What on earth is a BARF diet? That just does not SOUND good. Wacko

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bones and raw food, I think. The basic concept is to feed them the type of diet wild dogs (wolves, coyotes, etc) would eat, since that is what their body is designed for.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sounds logical to me

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yup, that's exactly it Mike!
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 1/22/2003, 12:54 pm    Post subject: BARF Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think Mountain House makes the BARF, Richmor too.....

I've eaten it on several backpacking trips: BARF with Stroganoff Sauce and Noodles, Chili BARF, Linguini BARF, Chicken and BARF, etc....

But seriously, folks, won't someone please give this poor dog a home, so he doesn't get, er, um, Beam me up -R
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did Valet2 find a new home for the pooch
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, not yet.
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 6/13/2003, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GOOD NEWS !!! One of my students took my dog and now he is very happy and has a whole family to play with him Very Happy The young lady wants to be a vet or an assistant when she is older, so this will be a great trial test for her. Hats off to her mother, too, for supporting her. She is so scared of animals she wouldn't even pet him at first. Now, she is telling him what to do along with all the kids! Good thing he's a smart fellow... he'll figure it all out. A Happy ending... or should I say... beginning? thanks all..... Wink
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/13/2003, 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good news!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: