ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Adventure Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mochilero

PostPosted: 12/29/2005, 7:30 pm    Post subject: Adventure Stories Reply to topic Reply with quote

Floating down a river with my bicycle on a pile of logs, rowing out to a deserted island, hiking to the highest point in the lower 48 by moonlight - people might like to read about these trips. I realized this one day, and decided to start writing down the details of my various little adventures.

My new e-book, "Ultralight Backpacking Adventures (And Other Outdoor Tales)" has fourteen of these stories. They range from simple ultralight backpacking trips to a climb up 20,600-foot Mount Chimborazo, in Ecuador. There is a hitchhiking adventure involving a grizzly bear, when I was sixteen years old, and a seven-day 110 mile ultralight trek in Colorado twenty years later (with less than 17 pounds on my back).

I'm not selling anything here. You can download it for free at my site, and there are no ads in it. What I would like, though, is some feedback. If you do read it, let me know what you think. Thank you,

www.TheUltralightBackpackingSite.com
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/29/2005, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've seen this site, it's very informative. Thanks for sharing it!

I recently found an old journal from a canoeing/backpacking trip to Quetico, Ontario. It is dated 1983! OMG, that was so long ago. I sit back and totally chuckle when I read it now, as I can almost relive the little adventures we went through. It was my girlfriend Celinda, a dog and myself! We were told 2 women couldn't do this trip alone! WRONG thing to say to either one of us! The hysterical part is reviewing my gear list! There was NOTHING that was light weight! (Does anyone know what a Duluth pack is? Don't CARRY ONE, is all I can say) OMG, I'm amazed that we even made it out alive. BTW, we didn't realize that we had survived a tornado until we came out almost 2 weeks later, but we suspected something was up, when we had to climb over fallen trees (with a canoe on our back) to get from one portage to an other one! I do have to admit, gear has changed a great deal in 23 years and I hope, I've become wiser!

Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: