ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Badger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 9/3/2005, 7:40 pm    Post subject: Badger Reply to topic Reply with quote

Observed a badger the other morning just before sunrise coming back from a night hike to Hieroglyphic Springs. I noted a falling star and paused in my hike to look at the falling star when I noted the badger. I believe the badger had finished his night foray and was waiting to watch the sunrise before retiring to his den. First rays of the sunrise appeared and the badger melted away in the predawn shadows.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/3/2005, 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

J~~~

Maybe that badger was waiting on you and then just meandered off on his merry way. You always have the coolest wildlife sightings!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 9/4/2005, 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Believe it or not, being from the Badger State I've never seen one!! They are supposed to be very mean, but I guess they aren't agressive (don't know). That is really neat. I don't seem to spot the wildlife. Must be I'm either not observant enough or just go at the wrong times.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 9/4/2005, 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We saw one in the Wind River Mtns years ago. It was about the only wildlife we saw. It was small, but very angry, hissing and clawing. we gave it a pretty wide berth. Saw another one in the Nebraska Sandhills once, we scared each other, well, more correctly he scared me, I don't think it was too frightened of me, judging by the similar behavior. They don't back down when encountered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: