ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Final call for Barnhardt Trail, March 22nd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Daddee
PostPosted: 3/18/2003, 1:31 pm    Post subject: Final call for Barnhardt Trail, March 22nd Reply with quote

Okay - the day is fast approaching. Here is the deal:

Meeting at the McDonalds on the Bee-line and Shea in Fountain Hills at 7:30AM - then load up and head for the trailhead.

The probable hike is as Mike said in an earlier post:
Quote:
As for the hike, I would say, we play it by ear. If the falls are flowing as well as I suspect, we may be spending a lot of time checking them out on the way in. I'd like to go back as far as Chilson Camp, and return by the same route, which is about 12.5 miles round-trip.

Anyone that is planning on going, post here so we know to wait for you at the McDonalds.

I'm looking forward to this one.

evenstar

PostPosted: 3/23/2003, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uhum.....Getting back on topic, it was a great hike with a good bunch. For those of you who missed it and didn't get a chance to meet the "Kindler & Gentler" Hooli....Trust Me...he still lives! and hopes to meet you on our next hike!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, what I want is one of you to write up a dang trip report. I'm getting tired of reading my own material Laughing Laughing Laughing
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Hooli, FYI I have several Cholla friends on the take out in the Supes, that love to jump out and give Jaimi a pain in the butt. I will rent u my magical tweezers and with any luck you can join the color of the day club....... that is if you have those nuclear powered batteries for you pacemaker Laughing Laughing Laughing
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

you can join the color of the day club.......

This story is gonna follow me for life, isnt it??!!! Mr. Green

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 7:25 am    Post subject: great hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

This was a great hike folks. It was nice to meet those I hadn't met before. I am sure glad Hooli didn't back into any cactus. I'm not so sure I'm ready for his color. Wacko

As with everyone on the site you are all a great group of people, I hope we have many more of these hikes to come.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond wrote:
This story is gonna follow me for life, isnt it??!!! Mr. Green

Only 'til we come up with a mo' better one Diablo
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Uhum.....Getting back on topic, it was a great hike with a good bunch. For those of you who missed it and didn't get a chance to meet the "Kindler & Gentler" Hooli....Trust Me...he still lives! and hopes to meet you on our next hike!

Trust Me?

I don't think so. There is no evidence of there ever being a "Kinder and Gentler" Hooli.

It's nearing time to do a Hooli review, so there will be no mistaking who the real Hooli is.
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:

I don't think so. There is no evidence of there ever being a "Kinder and Gentler" Hooli.

Hey! I gave Rocky a couple of dog biscuits......that oughta count for somethin' Rolling Eyes
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
kurthzone wrote:

Hey! I gave Rocky a couple of dog biscuits......that oughta count for somethin' Rolling Eyes

And then you tried to give some to me. Kinder and gentler my...
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
evenstar wrote:
kurthzone wrote:

And then you tried to give some to me. Kinder and gentler my...

Well ya ate the last of 'em and poor GTG, Mike and Daddee had to go hungry! Diablo And you looked so cute when you sat up and begged Clown
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/24/2003, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One thing I discovered yesterday....I'm not nearly in the shape I was before Thanksgiving. Between training for and doing the Oct. 4 GC backpacking trip, doing Squaw and Camelback back to back and the Packard Trail hike two weeks before Thanksgiving, I was probably in the best shape I've been in since I ran the Marathon in 1984. Since Thanksgiving my longest hikes were less than six miles on level dirt roads 150' below Sea level. Lot more oxygen down there than there was on the Barnhardt trail. Legs were fine, but heart and lungs were fighting each other for space in my chest and they were both losing! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: