ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Saturday March 1st - Peralta/Cave Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 11:49 am    Post subject: Saturday March 1st - Peralta/Cave Trail Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay - this is it. This is the one. I am going to do a hike this Saturday in the Superstitions even if I have to go alone.

I will do one of two hikes - listed in the poll above. I don't particularly care which one. I've never done the cave trail, and I'd like to do that one, but it has also been about a year since I did Flatiron and that is ALWAYS a good trip. So, whatever works.

Whichever trail I do though - it will be an early start. Trailhead at 7:00AM - with a little leeway if we have a lot of west-side folks that care to join in.

Anyone that would like to go is welcome to come.

I'll make the final call for which trail I will do based on number of people coming and where the want to go on Friday at Noon.

My luck though - nobody will want to hike with me (and who could blame them?). But here's hoping for at least a couple of folks joining up with me.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I voted for Peralta/Cave loop, because you need to do it. However, should there be snow on the top of Superstition Mountain, I think Flatiron is a must! I should be able to go this weekend, so count me in!
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you kidding - if I see snow up there tonight on the way home I'll be hiking that bad boy first thing in the moring - it's things like that that calling in sick for work is all about.

I don't think the snowfall reached a low enough elevation for it though.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 12:24 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Snow, on the Flatiron? That would be great. Too bad I'm not out there now cause I'd be all about climbing that baby in the snow!!
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I'd be in for either, although I voted for Flatiron cause I haven't had a chance to do it yet. I'd be coming from N Phoenix.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
cactuscat

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

plummer150 wrote:
Snow, on the Flatiron? That would be great. Too bad I'm not out there now cause I'd be all about climbing that baby in the snow!!

I climbed it in the snow on Dec. 24th and it was awesome!! Multi
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sucks! I hate working on weekends, I would love to do this with you! Hmmm

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My vote is for neither, at least not in the morning. Come hike the preserve on March 1st near 7th AVE and Peoria (the Mtn. View Park TH). The dog rescue I volunteer for is having a fundraiser hike there at 9am. It's hiking for a good cause, only 25 bucks and you'd be contributing to the needs of homeless pups! Crying or Very sad

Whatever you decide, enjoy!
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 2/27/2003, 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am working this weekend, if not I would recommend (vote for) Peralta.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/27/2003, 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, it's confirmed - no snow on Flatiron today. Dang it all....

- Abraham Lincoln
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/27/2003, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What are you leaning toward daddee? Like I said I'd be in either way, I haven't done either hike.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/28/2003, 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, here is the call - Peralta/Cave Trail. I've been wanting to do it for a while - so now is the time. I'll do Flatiron some other time.

In fact - I'm aching to do the ridgeline, but that is another matter entirely.

So - all those interested in coming - meet at the Peralta Trailhead at 7:00AM on Saturday.

See you there.

- Abraham Lincoln
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/28/2003, 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok see you there tomorrow!!
-Ed Abbey
kiluam

PostPosted: 2/28/2003, 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what do you think are the chances of raining tomorrow morning? couple of my friends and i are planning on doing the flatiron trail, our goal was to get there around 830, just as long its not raining..maybe we'll see each other out there..
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 3/1/2003, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

maybe we'll see each other out there..

Well, we only got a light sprinkle or two - nothing even worth putting on rain-gear for (even though at one point we got a really good view of a storm cell that looked like trouble - so we put on the rain gear, but it didn't hit us - too bad)

As far as seeing each other - unless you were going to do the ridgeline - then it really wouldn't have been possible to see each other without the aid of VERY powerful telescopes! Mr. Green

- Abraham Lincoln
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: