ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Browns Peak--Four Peaks Wilderness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
chihiggs

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 9:20 am    Post subject: Browns Peak--Four Peaks Wilderness Reply to topic Reply with quote

Went to the summit of Browns Peak 02-21-2003. Trail was in great condition. It was after a windy day so I could see forever and clearly!! The summit log is full--I'll take a new one next time I go.

No snow or ice in the west chute. Saw a 4-door sedan at the TH. They had driven in from the west on 143...so that gives some idea of the road condition. No wash outs or water in the 2 stream crossings. Picked up trash at the saddle--I'll never understand that--it was only a few things and they'd obviously been carried up, aren't they little after use?!?

Anywho--the temp went from 62 down to 54 dgrees farenhieght. Sunny with a light breeze; in other words, a perrrrfect day!!!
cactuscat

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds good, this hike has been near the top of my list for awhile! Any of my hiking buddies want to set a date for it?
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe that is along the AZ trail. I'm trying to set up a segment there, from the dam to the Beeline highway, 36 miles I believe. I want to focus trips along along the AZT. Some folks going to Thunder River with us in April are looking for a some short conditioning pack trips, and this one sounds good. Easy access to both ends. I'll study my calendar to see if I can get some dates set up.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, Ok, I'll do it without you even to have to twist my arm. I have it down on the date you mentioned.
cactuscat

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Ok, Ok, I'll do it without you even to have to twist my arm. I have it down on the date you mentioned.

YAAA!! Finally!
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 2/22/2003, 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hope I can make this one. It's my top mountain that I want to hike right now.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: