ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
SNOW ON THE PEAKS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
StairMaster

PostPosted: 10/11/2004, 4:01 pm    Post subject: SNOW ON THE PEAKS Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lots of fresh snow on the peaks at tree line and above. Everyone sharpen those crampons. Golden Aspens and snow. Talk about a fun day. It is forcast to drop more in the next few days above 10k. Multi
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/11/2004, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How cool. When I was driving through Flag yesterday, I was looking at the clouds that hide Humphrey's and they looked like winter clouds. I did get a little rain as I was passing through. I've been thinking, that it's been years since I've x-country skied or even down hilled and that is something that I really want to do this winter. Mary
Dean

PostPosted: 11/17/2004, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what conditions on Humpries might be? I'm thinking of heading that way this coming week and would appreciate any info regarding what snow conditions might be. I am equipped with snowshoes, ice axe and crampons. Thank you.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 11/17/2004, 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is what they looked like last week from 10,500' looking northwest. I had a mapping site just east of the peaks with a stiff wind blowing righ over them into my path. I circled until I got a break in the clouds but got the you know what beat out of me doing it. The view was worth it and this image was snapped when the sun hit the peaks in a turn. I know they have had some weather since then so that thick layer of snow you see is most likely thicker now.

oriole_scott

PostPosted: 11/17/2004, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just want to say that that's an amazing picture of the Peaks. I see them every day, so I usually don't get excited about pictures of them, but your photo is really terrific. Nice work!
Dean

PostPosted: 11/17/2004, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you, and I agree, that's an amazing pic.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/18/2004, 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glen I don't know how you do it, but you amaze me time and time again.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 11/18/2004, 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You are all too kind. Thank you. Smile I was lucky enough to get that sky and still have sun on the peaks. I got one more that showed the snow covered ridges better but it was in total shade so the lighting was too bland.
plummer150

PostPosted: 12/26/2004, 9:05 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Speaking of fresh snow, lots of fresh snow out here. Just went snowboarding on Thursday. Nice fresh trails! Skier Boy
StairMaster

PostPosted: 12/27/2004, 11:09 pm    Post subject: hammerd w/ snow Reply to topic Reply with quote

Were about to get nailed again. I heard up to a foot in town. NICE! Smile
Kristyn

PostPosted: 12/28/2004, 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh so nice!! I need to get up there!
StairMaster

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 10:53 am    Post subject: not so much Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well. The big storm hit but dumped most as hard rain in Flag. The mountain is beautiful though. They got quite a bit up there and the day is blue skies as of 11 am. Merry Christmas
lzyboy

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just got back from the White Mountains, and it was mostly rain up there, too. The flats just below Sunrise Ski Area have maybe an inch on them, but the resort says it got 4-5 inches. LOTS of rain tho!!
Dean

PostPosted: 2/16/2005, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any snow on Signal Peak of Yuma county? Anyone been up there lately?
StairMaster

PostPosted: 2/17/2005, 9:44 am    Post subject: ? Reply to topic Reply with quote

i lived in yuma for 1.5 yrs. Ill make the call to a buddy. fcastle dome is a great wash hike and scree scramble. sketchy at the top though. ill reply later today with the snow beta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: