ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Chocolate Seduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 12/16/2004, 7:30 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Seduction Reply to topic Reply with quote

Usually I make my own ice cream with the hand crank machine. After my last group of days off consisted of 202 miles of road ride on my new OCR 1 road bike and 24 miles of day hikes over four days. I decided on a store bought ice cream from Bashas' I purchased some Blue Bunny Chocolate Seduction. Vey, very good stuff, making room in the freezer for some more.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 12/17/2004, 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know someone at my house who should not see this. Mr. Green
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/17/2004, 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like my kind of ice cream! I'll have to give it a try!

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/17/2004, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Sounds like my kind of ice cream! I'll have to give it a try!

Ditto!
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 12/17/2004, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BoyNhisDog wrote:
I know someone at my house who should not see this. Mr. Green

haha I think he's already seen it! Very Happy

hey any of you guys live near Cornville my uncle has boatloads of Ben and Jerrys, he works for Shamrock and I get about 30 pints at a time. Tell ya the truth Its getting old. NOT!!

what i do
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/17/2004, 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No offense but I don't like chocolate ice cream~~~~~now if you're talking chocolate chip YAAHOO!

MIKE~~~you have dibs on Ben & Jerry's ice cream? I think I need to marry one of those guys the ice cream is THAT good

Razz

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well, Trish, you only have one choice. Ben died of a heart attack about 5? years ago. Sorry, but if we ever meet up for a hike in the Sedona area Im sure I could hook you up with B&J's, ice cream sammiches and those big cookie things and also drumsticks. I dont know about Blue Bunny, I dont recall. BUt it is goood stuff.

what i do
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 6:20 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Reply to topic Reply with quote

trishness wrote:
No offense but I don't like chocolate ice cream~~~~~now if you're talking chocolate chip YAAHOO!

I don't like chocolate period, is that sick or what?

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I agree with Sunhiker and don't like chocolate all that much. Two women who don't like chocolate~~~how bizarre is that? Beam me up

Ben & Jerry's ice cream is the best....at least next to my homemade and probably nighthikers homemade. They made this one flavor that quickly became my fav called "From Russia with a Buzz." It was a coffee ice cream concoction with white russian cappuchino swirl and some espresso in it too. OMG.....it was to die for. I think they retired it though because I haven't seen it for some time.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

trishness wrote:
coffee ice cream concoction with white Russian cappuccino swirl and some espresso in it too

Now you're talking... yum-yum! Laughing Trish have already tried making this mix yourself?

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not yet but it looks like I might have to! I'll try it out this next week in time for the holidays and then share the recipe. We munchkins love coffee ice cream.......

^ 2 1/2 GB!

Mr. Green

mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trish, check out this page... http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_graveyard/departed_flavors.cfm
From Russia with Buzz (which sounds awesome) is listed here, unfortunately. But, they have that Resurrect Your Favorite Flavor form. Maybe if enough people requested it, they'd resurrect From Russia with Buzz!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/18/2004, 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike,

I've visited that graveyard Sad

Unfortunately I find a flavor I just love and they always kill it off. This is one flavor that ROCKS, especially if you are a coffee lover. Thanks for the link.

T Mr. Green

azhiker96

PostPosted: 12/19/2004, 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi Trish,
I couldn't find that recipe online but I did find this one.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/15755
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/19/2004, 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azhiker96 wrote:
I couldn't find that recipe online but I did find this one

Oh my gosh, this sounds sinful! This would be a Christmas present to myself - then I will have to go out and backpack for a week straight. It contains everything my taste buds love. Shocked and my cardiologist hates.

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: