ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fee Demonstration Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/2/2003, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Fee Demonstration Program Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know this was discussed on the other site. I'm considering doing a paper on this topic and wanted to get some feedback as to positives and negatives of the program and the general feeling toward the program. Thanks in advance for your input.
ck1

PostPosted: 2/2/2003, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have absolutely no problem with the fee demonstration program. It'd be great if they'd return all of the money generated directly back into the area though...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/3/2003, 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um...this may sound stupid, and it probably is...but I don't understand what you're asking here.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/3/2003, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
Um...this may sound stupid, and it probably is...but I don't understand what you're asking here.

i wanted to get people's feeling toward this program, http://www.nps.gov/feedemo/
Ridgehiker

PostPosted: 2/12/2003, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can find great info at www.wildwilderness.com, if you haven't been there already. The AZ No-Fee coalition has a good website, too (They're based in Sedona).

Personally, I think trail fees stink. It's not about money - I'd gladly pay anything to preserve wild areas. But these fees are going more toward *developing* wild areas, if they get to them at all. National land should be preserved as one of the few remaining places anyone can go and enjoy, without having to pay someone for the privelege, and without having to see pavement, picnic benches, interpretive signs everywhere.... The government needs to allocate sufficient funds to the Forest Service from the budget, not from extra user fees.

Oops..you got me started! Sorry. Personally, I'm VERY anti- Fee Demo. Let me know if you decide to write a paper on it. I'd like to read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: