ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Here you are

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 11:03 am    Post subject: Here you are Reply to topic Reply with quote

FYI: www.hikearizona.com is back up and working. not sure why/how/how long... and no information is provided.

Thanks Hooli for re-directing me here. I figured you guys were congregating somewhere else on the web. I'm glad I finally found out where.

I'm looking forward to the information and fun again. I missed it. I'm thinking of an afternoon hike in the supes Saturday. Anyone game?

PS who do I contact to add a page to the links section?
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 11:13 am    Post subject: links Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would be myself or Mike, but you should be able to add some yourself.
Glad to see you again Daryl. I contacted as many people as I had contacts for to get together on this new site. You and I never had personal contact, so I didn't have email for you. Hope you like it over here, it's not much, but we like it.
You have a bit of reading to do, here's a copy of my original email to the contacts I mustered up. -
Quote:
Howdy y'all! Hope you all are going to have a safe happy evening and a great new year in 2003.

A few of us have put together a new site for us all to gather at and resume our communications.

We are trying to plan this site as a community place, so we need the community to help.
Most of you were part of the active "core" of the forums, so far I've got around 31 of your names with emails. Anyone know of more?
I would like to invite you over to my place to discuss the new site in progress. The discussions should consist of old and new, old vs. new, what happened?, what we plan to happen, do's, don'ts, did's, didn'ts, content, introductions etc.

This new site in no way will be a one person project, no one person would have the time to do what our friend Joe put together at HAZ. So in order to try to avoid something similar to what happened to HAZ, we need help.

This won't be a borrow money speech or a anti Teva rally either.

We will be meeting at my place at 7:00 PM Friday evening, January 3rd, 2003. I hope that will work with your schedules.
Bring something to drink and we'll order some pizzas.
Please email me with your full name and your phone number if you plan on helping.

We need your help and plan on you attending.

Thanks,
Todd Gartman

Enjoy the place,
GTG
mike t

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good to have you Daryl. Also if you have any contacts with other former HAZer's let 'em know. Some folks have changed names, so it may be a little confusing determining who's who, but you will get there. I think most of us are here or getting here, but it seems we have lost a few. So... direct folks here as you run across them if you would. Thanks.
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Daryl, glad you made it! Welcome to our community!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl,

Good to hear from you again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: