ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Where do you get your news?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do you get your news?
ABC
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
CBS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NBC
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
FOX
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
CNN
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Local Newspaper
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Other nationally distributed paper
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Radio
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Internet
41%
 41%  [ 12 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

samiam

PostPosted: 6/15/2004, 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
I thought all the news I needed to know I could find right here on AZH!...you mean there's MORE out there? Shocked
you definatly get ervry angle,and some that arent much of a angle Very Happy
tempe8

PostPosted: 6/15/2004, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've all but given up on "local" news except to hear a weather report...maybe. I see the major networks if there's a major story. But I get most of my news while I'm driving to work listening to NPR. It's got a badge of being slightly liberal, but I think their news reporting is fairly even. I think maybe it's also influenced by the markets that NPR serves since there is local content, in Phoenix it doesn't seem to be too liberal.

On TV, I've got to say that I've become so tired of the ranting and arguing between guests on news "talk" shows...it's unbearable. Really TV seems more and more catered to the 'casual' political or news viewer that is more interested in the 'visual' aspect of the news (i.e. fires, bombs, crashes, killings, etc.). Not to mention the endless parade of "breaking news" alerts.

That's why I've gone almost completely to radio and / or newspaper. I can listen or read "intelligent" conversation without all of the hype / sensationalism of a TV. There's just something about listening or reading that allows you to focus more fully and objectively think about a topic...without somebody else filing your mind with images.
plummer150

PostPosted: 7/16/2004, 6:34 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Big fan of Foxs' Oreilly Factor followed by Hanity and Colmes. Probably didnt spell anything right but you get the idea.
samiam

PostPosted: 7/31/2004, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I personally think the best way to get all the news is to
1 read the paper
watch the news
3 listen to the radio
4 talk to friend's
If you combine all that you will surly get the biggest part of news,and with all the bias networks and one sided stuff you will better be able to form your own judgment without the so called brain washing that comes with one source all the time...
ghoster

PostPosted: 8/1/2004, 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I try to balance the whole spectrum sort of. I watch common dreams.org, Alternet.com and Guerilla news network. I just like to see the other side of the news, as opposed the mass media corporations spewing what they consider the news. There are other things going on in the world besides the topics they choose. Too bad that we lost the broad spectrum news program and got a propaganda system instead. well, not much I can do about that. I just wish Mark Twain was still alive and was a news anchor. That would be worth watching. Or maybe Will Rogers, that too might have been something to see. Well, just fantasy sort of what the news is these days.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 8/1/2004, 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I listen to NPR, avoid t.v., and realize if something really BIG is happening in the world that I will hear about it from co-workers or standing in a line somewhere. Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: