ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How bored is Daddee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

How bored is Daddee?
He's so bored...[How bored is he?]...He's so bored that....
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
He's not really bored, he just misses hiking terribly.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
He's not bored, he's just insane.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
He's not bored, he's just whining like a little crybaby.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
He's bored enough to ask how bored he is.
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
He's posting about fruity Japanese love navy for cryin' out loud
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
All Of The Above
61%
 61%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 26

Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 12:07 pm    Post subject: How bored is Daddee? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Without having gone on a hike in over 5 months, how bored is Daddee getting anyway? What are the major signs that you have seen?

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ahem....I took the liberty of adding the most likely answer.........

Of course, I left out the most painful answer...at least to Hooli....He's so bored he's doing work and sending BofA stock in the toilet! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This pole is funny and good timing.

I was thinking of nominating Daddee as the "Member with the most unusual topics" here on AZH. I kept thinking that he must have a lot of time on his hands with some of the crazy/wacky topics he's started. They are all interesting and unusual and make the site fun, BUT what will we do when he isn't bored anymore? I've grown soooooooooo use to looking for his newest wacky topics!!! Crazy Does this mean OUR days will become boring then??? Clown I hope you stay bored!! HAHA!!!

Sheri
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think you are more frustrated than bored. Only boring people are bored and you have a lot to give Jared. Give the back some time. It may take a whole lot of time for some injuries to heal and even then you may not be doing what some of these alien folks are doing but that's okay. I can appreciate the achievements of others without feeling like I need to be doing all of it.

I have been down your road to some extent. After riding a mountain bike 4000 miles a year on the hard rocky trails, I came to have so many injuries that I was forced to quit. That was hard but you know, just go out and find something worthwhile to do with your life. If you can still lift weights then that's good. You haven't lost your wit or anything like that. Shocked There is still so much left. For me it is just enjoying the outdoors and hiking is one way to do it. Drive your car to a nice place and just sit there and observe, take it all in.

Someday if you can work back up to a few miles without pain then that will be an accomplishment. For now don't push your back or you may have injuries that will never go away. If you do decide to do the hiking poles try them a couple of different ways. Everyone has done the right, left, right, left routine but there is the ski push off way as well. Who knows, maybe that won't tork your back. Just go a lot slower and see.
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

You haven't lost your wit or anything like that. Shocked

True... but his sanity is questionable!!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond wrote:
Quote:

You haven't lost your wit or anything like that. Shocked

True... but his sanity is questionable!!

Questionable Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/22/2004, 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn.

I am taking it easy and I am seeing marginal improvements over time. I'm sure that it will get better eventually. At least I hope so. One of the things I look forward to the most is for when Caleb gets old and strong enough to do some really fine hiking. He's strong enough to go a couple of miles without too many problem (as long as it's interesting), and I can sort of keep up with him (how sad is that? a 4 yr old can out hike me!), but I want to be able to go out and really hit the trail with him when he gets older. I want to show him the same amazing things that I've seen and explore new places and make new memories and experiences in the wilderness with him. I also have another son on the way and I want the same thing with him as well.

I could live with not being able to go hiking again myself - I've had a lot of great experiences and memories and they'll stay with me forever. It would suck a great deal, but I could live with it. I'm not sure I could handle not being able to ever play ball or hike or even rough-house with my sons. The sense of loss of not being able to share the type of experiences I've had with my sons would kill a little bit of me every day. However, I also think that if it got right down to it, I'd find a way to share the outdoors with my sons. Even if I couldn't hike with them (the experience I consider most rewarding) at least I could share it with them.

So, I am patient, I am careful and I am willing to do whatever is necessary to be able to get back into fighting shape. I am not willing to screw up my back again. I am not willing to give up. I work, I pray and I study and research in an effort to find the most effective methods of helping my back. I am frustrated, but I believe that the hard work and patience will eventually get me to where I want to be.

And Jamie and Hooli are right - I never really had any sanity to begin with.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
samiam

PostPosted: 7/25/2004, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well usually when your out for a while you come back with a vengeance
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/25/2004, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well hello Samiam! I see you have a face!

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/25/2004, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Well hello Samiam! I see you have a face!

Yeah, he seems to have that alien "glow" Alien Blink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: