ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hiking at Lake Pleasant?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mt. Frank

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 10:15 am    Post subject: Hiking at Lake Pleasant? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am from out of town, but I will be visiting my folks in Sun City next week. I was wondering if there are any hiking trails in the Lake Pleasant area?

Lord, please let my knees last just a few minutes longer than the rest of me.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't found any trails at Lake Pleasant. You might consider the White Tank Mountain Regional Park: http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/white_tank/default.asp
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Mt. Frank

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks evenstar. Ok Excellent suggestion. I can't wait to hit the trail. Bouncing

k9hiker

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are trails at lake p, just not good ones. The good ones are in the desert foothills to the west and north of the lake. If you have a high clearance you can do the two hikes in the Hell's Canyon area N. on Castle hot springs road. The rest I have found are old jeep roads, game trails, or livestock trails. You can find um if your up for some splorin'! I went on a really great one just last weekend. We saw three "wild" burros.
Mt. Frank

PostPosted: 2/1/2003, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks k9hiker! I don't have high clearance unfortunately. Crying or Very sad Do any of these routes show up on maps?

k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/2/2003, 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The one's in the Hell's Canyon wilderness do, but the OHV road/ranch roads probably don't. You just have to be adventurous and find those. If you want to email me, or send me message, I'll try to give you directions to the one I found last time. It's not that far from the LP main turn in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: