ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Logo-Paloosa II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/14/2003, 10:27 pm    Post subject: Logo-Paloosa II Reply to topic Reply with quote

*** Please note, if you previously voted in the poll under Logo-Paloosa, you will need to revote in the new poll described below. -Mike ***

Kurthzone has been hard at work designing logos for the site. I have set up a page where you all can view his work. If you click on each sample logo, another page will open showing how that logo would look incorporated into the board. (You can leave this sample board page open as you go through them. Clicking a different logo will replace the previous one.) I would like everyone to visit the page at http://www.arizonahikers.com/logos/ and get a look at the logos. When you've finished and chosen your favorite, go to http://arizonahikers.com/forum/logopoll.php and vote in the poll. You can select multiple options in this poll, but be sure to select all your choices before you click the Vote button. The poll will run for 20 days, long enough to allow Hooli a chance to vote. Wink Once the votes are in, we'll take the top 5 (unless there's a clear winner) and have a runoff. One, note: these are conceptual at this point, Kurthzone may wish to tweak the logos after the first vote.

Many thanks to Kurthzone for all of his efforts!! I'd also like to mention that paintninaz has designed a logo which GTG & I feel would make a really cool bumpersticker. It's going to be tweaked some, and when it's ready, we'll have another unveiling and everyone can vote on it, as well.

Ok, start voting!
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/15/2003, 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Darn it--I liked soo many. I think I kept it to 5 or 7.... Rolling Eyes

Great job Kurthzone!! Paintninaz--looking forward to your design for a sticker...

And Mike--Thanks for getting a place to throw in votes for everything we like!!!
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/15/2003, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Excellent logos all. Thank you Kurthzone - very generous of you to develop these for us.

I actually liked the ones toward the end (it was just a matter of font for the most part) but I thought that something like #26 would be even better if it incorporated the boots from #24 in some way.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/15/2003, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Excellent logos all. Thank you Kurthzone - very generous of you to develop these for us.

I actually liked the ones toward the end (it was just a matter of font for the most part) but I thought that something like #26 would be even better if it incorporated the boots from #24 in some way.

Yes... and I like the boots too, and the trekking poles in the foreground, and a fading mtn ridgeline in the upper background, and the fading trail map in the lower background. Thats not too much to ask for is it... everything all in one???

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/21/2003, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

great worK on the logos Ok
Mrs Mike

PostPosted: 1/22/2003, 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome job on the logos, Kurthzone!! Yes Thank you so much!
Pixelfrog

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just wanted to throw out some quick ideas for a logo as well, can't resist something like that. Razz These are just rough concepts and I'm not sure about either of the fonts I've used, so comments and suggestions are welcome, Thanks!

http://www.pixelfrog.com/images/azhikerslogos.jpg

Pix
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oooooo! Mongo like....

I am partial to the 4th down on the right side.

Good stuff there Pixelfrog. And they would look darned nice on a T-shirt.

And one more thing - love the home page. Good stuff in there too.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just thinking out loud - I don't see any reason why we can't have multiple logos. Probably a main one and then scatter others all over the website in various locations - just for fun and variety (or poopies and giggles if you prefer a more vulgar turn of phrase).

- Abraham Lincoln
cactuscat

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very nice, Pixelfrog! I think I like the third one down on the left best. Mr. Green Or the fifth down on the right, or the bottom left - I think I like them all!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 4:48 pm    Post subject: logos and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

We were going to try to keep the logos down to one and the fonts and colors the same throughout the site. It was an opinion that the site would seem cleaner and more thought out. That way we don't end up wit 32 different fonts and 18 different logos on the same page. But who knows that could change. "Poopies and giggles" I like that.

GTG
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pixelfrog,

Your work is awesome ....
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pixel... love the logos!! Great job.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pixelfrog wrote:
Hi All,

I just wanted to throw out some quick ideas for a logo as well, can't resist something like that. Razz These are just rough concepts and I'm not sure about either of the fonts I've used, so comments and suggestions are welcome, Thanks!

http://www.pixelfrog.com/images/azhikerslogos.jpg

Pix

Good Stuff! It's easy to tell what you do for a living. I like the font on the right. What is that? My only suggestion would be to spice up the generic hikers and not because they don't fit, but they are used in another hiking site.
Pixelfrog

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the compliments and suggestions all. Hi Kurthzone, yeah those hikers are part on a cartography wing ding font set. Funny thing is another designer buddy of mine told me the same thing today, "Hand draw the Hikers" so I will try that. Good advice, don't want it looking like those other guys, he he. Cool

Pix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: