ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
LInks & Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 11:41 pm    Post subject: LInks & Calendar Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've just added a Links section to the board tonight, it's in the menu at the top. I'm looking for category suggestions, so let's hear them! All registered members can add links. Each member also has a list of their own favorites. You can add any link to your favorites by clicking the "Add to Favorites" link next to it.

Also registered users can add events to the Calendar, which is also in the menu at the top.

There's more on the way.... Wink
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very Cool! Yes
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/11/2003, 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
overrocked

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 3:58 pm    Post subject: links Reply to topic Reply with quote

Excellent idea! Cool Thanks again!!!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just found the "Links" Agree Lot's happened in the two weeks I've been gone. Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
ck1

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it possible to put an "ArizonaHikers Forum Index" link on the calendar page...unless I'm mistaken, you can't get out of calendar without going back or playing with the address bar...

does that make sense?

"The Journey is the Destination"
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just click on the Canyon photo (soon to be logo). From anywhere in the forum, that will take you to the main page. I'll edit the page tomorrow and add a text link, too.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How is the Calendar supposed to work. I see an item for Canyoneering but don't know where to go for more info. Can this be a linkto a detailed item ?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Click on the date number and you'll get the detail.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Click on the date number and you'll get the detail.

Might be good idea to add that instruction at the top of the Calendar or something. After reading desertgirl's post I went to the calendar and couldn't figure out how to get the detail.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uh, Mike...you forgot a "Games" section...not that you would ever be accused of posting stuff like that to the forum....

Then we all know where to go to entertain ourselves with annoyingly addictive games for several hours a day.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
Uh, Mike...you forgot a "Games" section...not that you would ever be accused of posting stuff like that to the forum....

Then we all know where to go to entertain ourselves with annoyingly addictive games for several hours a day.

First you blast me for posting a link to a game, now you ask for a games section on the links page!! Make up your mind, Slug!!

I'll add it this evening... Woo Hoo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: