ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
rei's june 1-8 sale/first aid kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kim

PostPosted: 6/1/2004, 10:59 pm    Post subject: rei's june 1-8 sale/first aid kits Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=47638655&storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&langId=-1

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=47650444&storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&langId=-1

i went to a first aid class a few mths ago where the instructor showed us a really nice first aid kit for home/car where everything was organized/separated by pages. he said get a certain level kit (oops-i forget which one). does anyone know about these kits? and extra 20% off these seems like a big deal-not a gun purchase like a pack or bag, but a good thing to have. the instructor said the kits he was talking about are at costco for $30, i think.
outside1

PostPosted: 6/2/2004, 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I my experience the kits are a great place to start but if you really want a great First Aid you will have to tweak it and add items. Just a quick example would be to replace the standard tweezers, with something with a better point and a bit more sturdy. I would look for a kit that has the basics you might need and the enough room for the items you will add.
Kim

PostPosted: 6/6/2004, 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks, Tony. good point! i think i missed the extra 20% sale. i could've sworn it was until the 8th or something. well, it's not showing up on-line, anymore. oh, well. i may get one, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: