ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Shaw Butte, Sycamore Canyon and Thunderbird Park H3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/20/2003, 4:57 pm    Post subject: Shaw Butte, Sycamore Canyon and Thunderbird Park H3 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did three hikes over the weekend; Shaw Butte moonlight hike Friday evening, Sycamore Canyon day hike Saturday, and Thunderbird Park H3 on Sunday (every Sunday morning). All three hikes were with a church group I hike with. All of the hikes were great fun and excellent weather. Earlier in December we did the Go John trail. Check out the barrel cactus that looks like it is mocking the chollas around it. The two girls in the moonlight hike pic are my youngest daughters, Sarah and Emily.

http://www.extremezone.com/~kurth/Various/index.html
cakewalk

PostPosted: 1/20/2003, 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those nite time pics came out pretty good.... Ive always wanted to do a nite hike, I hear some folk will do squaw at nite.... Ill bet the view is amazing at nite
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/20/2003, 11:18 pm    Post subject: night hikes Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cakewalk--I know it's not really dark but I night hike on or near all the fullmoons. It's always a blast. If you are interested, drop a line and if I'm heading out you are welcome or you can probably easily convince me to go. The next fullmoon is Feb 16. I think that's also President's weekend and on one of the posts there is a hike planned and overnight camp as well...that'd be a great opportunity. I'm not sure if I'll make the hike but definitely be out sometime around the fullmoon. Here's a link for a lunar calendar... http://www.himpi.demon.co.uk/Fullmoon.html

Kurthzone--kewl pics!! Thanx for sharing!!
cakewalk

PostPosted: 1/21/2003, 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, im not really a camper type, but a moonlit romp up squaw or even shaw butte would be pretty cool......
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/21/2003, 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kewl--anytime you get the urge under the full moon or near enough to see..just give me a shout!
plummer150

PostPosted: 1/28/2003, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty sweet hike. I was trying to do my "triple crown" so to say by doing three hikes in one day. Shaw bud one of them but after my two other hikes for the day, camel back and some other one, i forget now, it was dark and when I got home to take a break, i never made it back out to finish off the triple crown. I was going for the triple crown hike to get me ready for my big 27 hike to saguaro np.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: