ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
WILDFLOWER PICS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 6:59 pm    Post subject: WILDFLOWER PICS Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just got some pics up in the Gallery from today's adventure. Hope you enjoy, they are easy on the eyes Beam me up Alien Blink Smiley-Alien
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey Kent, what do you think are the chances that Tonys cabin is full of flowers...
You know the said cabin off the Haunted Canyon trail..

what i do
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What beautiful flowers, hard to believe this is AZ. As always Kent, great photos

I think it's going to be a real colorful spring. Went to the Hiero today and saw several cacti's in bloom already Smile
GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

hey Kent, what do you think are the chances that Tonys cabin is full of flowers...
You know the said cabin off the Haunted Canyon trail..

Mike I was just out that direction today, started at Kennedy Ranch and did the Bull Basin/ Paradise Trail Loop. Was within half mile of the Cabin. You won't have many flowers there due to elevation, but you will have water flowing down Pinto Creek, the drainages were still all flowing. It was mid 40's when I started shortly after 6 and was about 75 when I left. You will have a good time as long as you aren't invaded by Boy Scouts. It is a popular destination on the weekends with the Scouts. There won't be a moon so the stars will be kick ass.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yeah baby! If I dont do the 'Anches with AZhiker96, Im going there. Boy scouts or not, at least I like kids Very Happy

what i do
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

I think it's going to be a real colorful spring. Went to the Hiero today and saw several cacti's in bloom already

GB
I thought you were going tomorrow, I would have drug you with me today and put you through the torture. Took 50 butterfly sutures and 4 units of blood with me, used 48 sutures and 3.5 units of blood, so I planned pretty good Crazy Crazy Mr. Green Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

yeah baby! If I dont do the 'Anches with AZhiker96, Im going there. Boy scouts or not, at least I like kids

Last time I was there, it was a great group of Scouts. Responsible leaders, teaching them right.
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kent, today I was just doing a tourist type of hike showing a friend the Hiero. Tomorrow (Thursday) is the day going up Carney in the hunt of Robbers Roost. Keep me in mind for others.

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you are going out to Carney before sunup and observe someone on a mtn. bike, it may be Nighthiker.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes, Kent I remember them, great group of kids cleaned the spring and the trough. We arrived a week beyond your trip, and I have never seen a cleaner campsite. Must'v been them boys!

what i do
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 3/17/2004, 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heat!! You made it!! Now its my turn. I owe that trail a thing or two. I refuse to let it beat me. I was thinking about this all day, you know.

Did you take those pics along the highway?? They are excellent!!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/18/2004, 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Did you take those pics along the highway?? They are excellent!!

Yep, on my way back yesterday afternoon just outside Florence Junction, you know the place, you saw it Saturday.

Quote:

Heat!! You made it!! Now its my turn. I owe that trail a thing or two. I refuse to let it beat me. I was thinking about this all day, you know.

Took waypoints and plotted them on my topo software, the Topo's as we already know are not accurate for that trip, way, way off.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 3/18/2004, 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That is a really great field of poppies you found. I was out in the Ironwood Forsest National Monument last Sunday and we found a lot of varied wildflowers but not big fields of poppies like that. There were some good poppies though with all other kinds mixed in with the typical green, green desert floor after the winter/spring rains.

Yesterday I flew over some really huge, thick fields of poppies residing on the eastern slopes of the Chiricahua range where the lower slopes meet the flats. I did not see any roads going up to them but there were some grid type dirt roads within a couple of miles. We were pretty high so for these fields to stand out, they have to be substancial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: