ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Groom Creek Loop-Trail 307

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisbench

PostPosted: 1/18/2003, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Groom Creek Loop-Trail 307 Reply to topic Reply with quote

What a beautiful day in Prescott today!! We pulled into the parking area at 9:45, with no one else in sight. The temps were wonderful, I had a mid-weight base layer with a t-shirt. I wore my fleece only when we stopped for lunch. The hike was described as moderately strenuous, but it really was a walk in the park. The first 3 miles climb slowly up to about 7700 feet, to the Spruce Mt. Lookout. The tower was closed, bu the views from the rocks surrounding the tower were beautiful. We saw Humphrey's Peak and all the surrounding mountains. About one mile past the tower, we found a nice spot, ate lunch, and laid on the ground listening to the trees for about 30 minutes. The final 4.5 miles heads back down to the trailhead. There was a little bit of snow left, but not much. The hike would be a little bit more challenging if done counter-clockwise, as it heads down pretty quickly. This was the first time I've been in, what I have always thought of as a forest, since being back in Pennsylvania. I would highly recommend this hike, as it was a nice leisurely stroll through the woods, with some nice views at the top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: