ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Private Messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzaz

PostPosted: 2/17/2004, 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, I'm on a PC....I'm sure it's AOL....I'll check to see if it happens when I go in through explorer. I do get a similar issue with a basic post, too.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 2/18/2004, 7:03 pm    Post subject: PMs/posts Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suzaz wrote:
Nope, I'm on a PC....I'm sure it's AOL....I'll check to see if it happens when I go in through explorer. I do get a similar issue with a basic post, too.
Yeah, sometimes the text processor behind the PMs/posts randomly "forgets" it's running in a window, and suddenly all the standard keyboard commands, etc. aren't available. The mouse stuff, usually seems to work OK. Probably a memory/number of users issue, Mike?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/18/2004, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, the text processor in this case is your web browser and it's not a text processor in the sense that Word, or even Notepad, is a text processor. It's all client side, in other words, it's your pc doing the work, not the webserver. In order for the keyboard commands to work, the mouse cursor has to be inside the text box. So, that could be the issue. The text box may have lost focus because you inadvertenly tabbed, or something. If you have that problem, just click inside the box to give the focus back to the text box.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/18/2004, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Jim, sounds more like you have some adware popups happening that's taking the focus away from the text input window.

I know you mentioned going out and grabbing Spybot. I'd suggest grabbing Adaware too, and give your PC a one-two shot.
JW

PostPosted: 2/18/2004, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Roger. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Nope, the text processor in this case is your web browser and it's not a text processor in the sense that Word, or even Notepad, is a text processor. It's all client side, in other words, it's your pc doing the work, not the webserver. In order for the keyboard commands to work, the mouse cursor has to be inside the text box. So, that could be the issue. The text box may have lost focus because you inadvertenly tabbed, or something. If you have that problem, just click inside the box to give the focus back to the text box.
Roger that. I was hoping it wasn't at my end. Doesn't seem to be focus, the Z-order seems preserved. But restoring the focus doesn't seem to recover. Tabbing does seem to be related, but it seems to be after-the-fact, like Alt-Ctl-C, Alt-Ctl-P, is outside the focus, etc. Ok-Ok, maybe I'm too much keyboard oriented for these so many layers. I'll try to get more specific, guy. CU. JW.
JW

PostPosted: 2/18/2004, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Spybot/Adaware Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Hey Jim, sounds more like you have some adware popups happening that's taking the focus away from the text input window.

I know you mentioned going out and grabbing Spybot. I'd suggest grabbing Adaware too, and give your PC a one-two shot.
Think your right, guy. Not too surprising these days. And thanks bros, that's why I think it's a local memory issue along with all the other stuff. TSR stuff. As evidenced by performance after a cold re-boot! Had download (@#$%) problems recently, and I'm not happy with Earthlink as a provider; they're dropping me way too often! Oh, well. I'm about ready to re-structure the whole-shooting match, so I might be asking U guys for some direction. Local aps on my PC are way out of control because I no longer have the tools. OK, shutting-up now, later, J.

And quitting my tech whine now :)).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: