ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
American Heart Walk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 11:57 am    Post subject: American Heart Walk Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure all of us knows someone affected by heart disease or stroke. I lost my father at the early age of 49 to a heart attack. A couple of years ago, my best friend’s father had a heart attack followed by a stroke, thankfully he survived, but his recovery has been a struggle that he continues even today. For those I love, I will be walking in this year’s American Heart Walk on February 21. If anyone would like to support me and make a donation, you can do so online at http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=26429&u=26429-11835105&e or if anyone would like to join the walk you get information here http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=26429

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 1:03 pm    Post subject: donations and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good luck on your walk. Hope you can make it that far girl. I added a little to the pledge for 'ya.

GTG
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd! I did opt to do the 5K Heart walk rather than the 1 mile Stroke walk, not exactly an EPIC...but I have to save some energy for my daughter's birthday party later in the day! Wink

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tracy, I would like to contribute also but am not getting how to do that towards your pledge. Please pm or email with EXACT instructions cause I'm a little slow sometimes. Cindy
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cindy,

I sent you a pm...also, I fixed (hopefully) the link above.

Thanks,
Tracy

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 2/12/2004, 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tracy,

I can't do this walk because I already have a committment that weekend but since someone very dear to me has heart disease (my Mom.....two open heart surgeries), I'd be happy to pledge. PM me with details. Thanks!!!

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: