ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Goals for 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sherileeaz wrote:
Trish,

Those are super goals!!! I hope to help you accomplish a few of them together!!

I'll also be nagging you to reach them!! Hey what are friends for if not to nag!! Twisted Evil

Sheri

NAG NAG NAG! Twisted Evil

I hope you know I'll be dragging your sorry butt up Flatiron with me in March and then down Havasupai in September.

It will be a year to remember, sis!

Agree

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My goals are to finalize the details on a personal relationship. To learn to play the banjo. To canoe the Boundry waters of Minnesota in June. To summit Humphrey's. To learn to ski, first attempt resulted in an injured knee. And maybe down the road a guy who can hold intellegent conversation, who challenges me mentally and physically (been challenged enough emotionally) would be nice. To get a few of the 'dear one's' out of the house. To finish building the potting shed I started last summer. Oh, and to get a new wing window!

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sherileeaz wrote:
Trish,

I'll also be nagging you to reach them!! Hey what are friends for if not to nag!! Twisted Evil

Sheri
I know a real sweet personal trainer if your interested. Rolling Eyes
Wiz

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A couple of you have said Humphreys. Once when I was young and stupid (I'm not so young anymore) I hiked up from the snow bowl to Agassiz (sp?) and then across the saddle thing to Humphreys (my companions stayed at Agassiz). That was the highest altitude I'd ever hiked, and jeez! I was seeing spots, blacking out, splitting headache, nausea, etc! So try to do some high-altitude hiking in preparation. The view from Humphreys is beautiful, but I felt too crappy to enjoy it. (Then the jerks at the base of the mountain turned off the chairlift 1/2 hour early and we had to hike back down!). My hat is off to Desertgirl and anyone else who does that Mt. Everest/other high altitude stuff. I'm an oxygen wimp.

Goals: I want to lighten my backpack. I always carry too much s##t. Spend some bucks, get some lighter gear. Dehydrated water would be perfect.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cindy wrote:
sherileeaz wrote:
Trish,

Sheri

Cindy,

We'll talk tomorrow about that personal trainer. I need some work with upper body strengthening.

You are going aren't you? Smile

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cindy wrote:
My goals are To canoe the Boundry waters of Minnesota in June.

I used to canoe the Boundry Waters....before Havasu Canyon, this was my favorite place I've ever been to! Enjoy your trip! My last trip was for 2 weeks, we went 8 days without seeing an other soul, survived a tornado (didn't know that's what it was until we returned to civilization), heard a mountain lion, saw many signs of bear and other wild animals, was robbed by a racoon, saw beautiful waterfalls, nearly lost my life over a cliff and had the best time of my life! Where are you going in and what routes will you be taking? Mary
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cindy said
Quote:

I know a real sweet personal trainer if your interested.

Hmmm that's funny, so do I Laughing Laughing Beam me up Beam me up Beam me up
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Cindy wrote:
sherileeaz wrote:

Sheri

For those of you gals interested and in the East Valley, I have been training for about 13 years....don't think I would be referred to as "sweet", perhaps "focused" would be a better choice. Laughing Not only will you master the FlatIron, but you will sharpen your abilities to go beyond what you thought possible. If I can be of assistance to you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me! I am happy to help.... Undoubtedly, this seems to be the time of year that everyone makes the fitness goal...but I really enjoy seeing people get it right all year long, not just in January.

My goals...
Spend as much quality time with my Beam me up as possible Agree
Maintain my 4.0 GPA in pursuit of my GIS certification
Partake in many extreme hiking adventures
Encourage my daughter to excel in all her activities
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote="Sande J"]
Trishness wrote:
Cindy wrote:
sherileeaz wrote:

Sheri

For those of you gals interested and in the East Valley, I have been training for about 13 years....don't think I would be referred to as "sweet", perhaps "focused" would be a better choice. Laughing Not only will you master the FlatIron, but you will sharpen your abilities to go beyond what you thought possible. If I can be of assistance to you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me! I am happy to help.... Undoubtedly, this seems to be the time of year that everyone makes the fitness goal...but I really enjoy seeing people get it right all year long, not just in January.

HEY I know this personal trainer...she's a pretty darned good person Smile We did a GALS hike back in October and it was a blast despite the missing pant legs & pole, insect bites and some bloodshed on the trail! If anyone can whip me into shape it would be Sande J Agree I might have to come by and visit ya!

LOL...I'm going down that way tomorrow and will look for that rock where you left your stuff <and laugh> Very Happy

Trish

sherileeaz

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is one time I wish I lived on the East side! Sad
I could use a personal trainer and I know Sande is good just from hiking with her!
Hmm maybe I can find a West side, good looking, sweet personal trainer GUY? Wink
Is there such a thing? Oxymoron right!! lol
OK OK teasing...
back on the subject..... which was???

Sherileeaz Hiking
azhiker96

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My goals are:
1. Finish the pre-reqs and apply to nursing school for the fall.
2. Start rock climbing to sharpen skills and work on my upper body.
3. Lose 20 pounds to aid in my second goal. Rolling Eyes
4. Do 4 hikes in the Canyon.

I'm already enrolled in the classes I need for the first. I bought a pair of 5.10 climbing shoes and ordered a harness. Also, I've found a climbing partner. I'm working on the third goal and I already have a hike planned in May in Havasu Canyon. For the other hikes I want to hit some of the backcountry trails.

The third goal will definitely be the toughest to achieve but more hiking will help out a little bit! Wink

PostPosted: 1/3/2004, 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
Cindy wrote:
My goals are To canoe the Boundry waters of Minnesota in June.

I used to canoe the Boundry Waters....before Havasu Canyon, this was my favorite place I've ever been to! Enjoy your trip! My last trip was for 2 weeks, we went 8 days without seeing an other soul, survived a tornado (didn't know that's what it was until we returned to civilization), heard a mountain lion, saw many signs of bear and other wild animals, was robbed by a racoon, saw beautiful waterfalls, nearly lost my life over a cliff and had the best time of my life! Where are you going in and what routes will you be taking? Mary
My sister lives in Minnesota so she's doing all the planning. Whenever she does it's always a good time.

PostPosted: 1/4/2004, 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sande J wrote:
Trishness wrote:
Cindy wrote:
sherileeaz wrote:

Sheri

My goals...
Spend as much quality time with my Beam me up as possible Agree
Maintain my 4.0 GPA in pursuit of my GIS certification
Partake in many extreme hiking adventures
Encourage my daughter to excel in all her activities
Yep, sweet was the word. The conversation went like this; 'Cindy, you'll really like Sande, she's very sweet'.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/4/2004, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sherileeaz wrote:
Hmm maybe I can find a West side, good looking, sweet personal trainer GUY? Wink

Hey Sheri...if you find this guy...let me know! Agree Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Daryl

PostPosted: 1/4/2004, 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Brittney Spears got married.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/0103britneywedding.html

One of my goals is now unattainable...

At least my wife will be happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: