ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Happy Labor Day- What are you doing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 9:49 am    Post subject: Happy Labor Day- What are you doing? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Counting down the minutes till I am out of my cell. Hope everyone gets out and has some great trips this weekend. I hope the weather treats us right.
Tomorrow I am guiding Lemmon Pools in the Catalinas, Sunday, Boulder Mountain in the Galiarios, near Mammoth, and Monday I am going to take the dogs somewhere hiking. Have a Happy hiking Weekend!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I plan on being in Zion -- Subway ( hope the weather holds), Angels Landing ( hope to not format my photocard this time!!! - Did that last Labor day weekend and lost some spectacular images) -- something else.
tibber

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heading to the Chiricahuas Rustler's Park (camp) Saturday and then hike the Monument on Sunday. Any weather updates from folks that live down that way?

All the best to the rest of you for a safe and happy weekend!
randy883

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's the forecast for the Chiricahuas:

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. North northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming southwest.

Totally different than when you and Wendy were down there awhile back!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have to work at the guest ranch, but at least I'll be outdoors most of the time. I do have Monday off--woo hoo!! That will be my first day off after working 23 days in a row!

I can't decide what to do with my Monday. I have two magazine articles to research and write, deadline is the 18th. I want to go hiking or biking, of course. I have a big mess here at the house but it would take days to clean, so maybe I'll skip that! I would like to cruise down to Hannagan, as I haven't been there at all this summer! Not sure my husband will want to go there on a holiday weekend, though. We usually find an area to hike where there will be no people.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Domesticated this weekend.
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Work everyday (haven't been able to say that for about a year, little overdue on the whole "job" thing")

Kerouac
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/4/2009, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Spendin the day with my Honey, my daughter and her husband and daughter and their Seamonkey and along the way we will get to see Todd's Dad and Pat and family as well! Should be a good weekend!

I want to shine!
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 9/5/2009, 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh man, I totally forgot.... FOOTBALL!

(Go Big Red) Beer

Kerouac
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/5/2009, 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, so Diane, I looked Seamonkey up on the internet and found out it is either some sort of a web browser software from Mozilla, or it's a sort of fishbowl with something weird in it. I couldn't understand either one very well.

I am so tired of work. I wish I could figure out what to do with my one day off. I need to make a plan, so it doesn't just get muddled away. My most memorable days this summer have been several epic mtn. bike rides, and several shorter rides with my husband. But he's hurt his shoulder and can't ride now, and doesn't even feel much like walking or hiking.

The last thing I want to do is sit indoors and watch TV or play on the internet, so I'm glad our TV is on the blink! I do need to research my articles, though. We've been having some gorgeous weather in the mornings, but if you are coming up here, expect a LOT of rain in the afternoons!
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 9/5/2009, 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Flyong off to Idaho and Montana to see friends and hike whtever is there. May get back to Glacier or just hike at Schweitzer and pick huckleberries!! I have not been on a hike anywhere or out of here for months!! WAY overdue!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 9/5/2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Went to Cactus High football game last night to watch daughter Sarah on the Spirit Line. Her stunts were flawless. Cactus beat Coronado 47 to 21.

This morning I hiked Thunderbird H3, then H2 and about halfway down H2 got hit with a downpour. I loved it. Some close lightning scared the crap out of me though. You know the kind that flashes and the thunder is right with it. Started thinking about my poles.

Painted this afternoon, cut some mats and framed a painting.

No definite plans for the rest of the weekend. Just going to enjoy it.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/6/2009, 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Today is so chilly and rainy! At the guest ranch where I work they tried hard to do a festival for the guests, but it was so wet and cold a lot of the guests just stayed in their cabins.

I know this is that rain from the hurricane, and we should have some nice, dry, sunny early fall weather pretty soon! And it should stay green for awhile, too, due to all the rain. Hope we don't have an early frost.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 9/6/2009, 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I went backpacking with the girls on the Ubar trail. We had great weather. It rained for about 45 minutes, if that, and stopped the rest of the time. Camped at Barbershop Canyon Creek, and headed out this morning, what a great trip!!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 9/7/2009, 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds fun! I actually have today off! I need to get out there and do something! Have been cleaning house and doing web research since I got up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: