ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
4th Semi-Annual Painted Desert Rendezvous April 25th-26th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (0) (0)
User
PageRob
Sun Ray
User
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
PageRob
PostPosted: 4/13/2009, 4:33 pm    Post subject: 4th Semi-Annual Painted Desert Rendezvous April 25th-26th Reply with quote

That time of year again! With little warning, I present to you the 4th SAPDR! The plan this spring is to meetup at Chavez Pass Pueblo (directions provided to participants via PM) and do some exploration up there. While not technically part of the Painted Desert, Chavez Pass was the way in and out of the LCR basin in prehistoric times, and provides a glimpse into the life of the ancient inhabitants of the Painted Desert.
Car camping that night will be at Homolovi Ruins State Park, just outside of Holbrook. We can do some hiking there that afternoon to some petroglyph sites. Dinner will probably be at the campsite, though we can roll into town if folks are so inclined.
The next day presents three major options: Little Painted Desert County Park, just north of Homolovi is one. The Moenkopi badlands east of Winslow is another. The third is the PeFo, with a possible side-trip to Holbrook Petroglyph Park afterwards. Lunch in Holbrook or Winslow, and then we'll all head our own separate ways.
Since we'll be day hiking and car-camping, there's no group size limit. Everyone is responsible for their own fees (campground/parks/meals/etc.). Should be a good time! Who's interested?

tibber

PostPosted: 4/23/2009, 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to go too. I'll be doing my first backpack trip to Fossil Springs with a group the weekend of May 8th and if all goes well, I'll be ready to finally join you Rob. I am slowly getting all of that gear ready and can't wait Exclamation
Suz

PostPosted: 4/23/2009, 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wave Hi Angela! Welcome to the site!

I'm sure folks here can help you with gear, if you need.
PageRob

PostPosted: 4/23/2009, 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we'll have to reschedule this one. I'm still not feeling great! Sorry folks. I'll look at reschedule dates next week. Don't want to wait too long though! Otherwise it'll get pretty toasty there!
beckett

PostPosted: 4/23/2009, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad to hear it's being rescheduled. I would have a hard time making it this weekend but I'd love to make it when a new date is picked!

Feel better!
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
oliverr99

PostPosted: 4/23/2009, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sorry you are feeling sick, but, YEAH you are rescheduling! I hope it is a weekend I can join. Neutral

Hope you feel better soon!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 4/26/2009, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Me too! Ditto what she said, hope I'm open next date you choose.

Hope you feel better soon

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: