ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 1:25 pm    Post subject: Avatar Trivia Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know we did this before, back in the day, but we have some new members and a lot of the old ones have new avatars, so I think it'd be cool to do it again!

What's the story of your avatar? Where were you? When was it taken? Anything interesting or unusual about it?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My avatar was taken at the top of Superstition Peak. This was during a backpacking trip across the Superstition Ridgeline in November, 2000. If you look closely on the left edge, just below the horizon, you can see Weaver's Needle.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was on the summit of Superstition asking myself "what the F am I doing up here?"

Does that count?

Oh. Wait. Mike "whimped out" on that hike. It's all coming back to me now...

hehehe. (duck'n and a runnin' as we speak)
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh. Wait. Mike "whimped out" on that hike. It's all coming back to me now

It just didn't feel the same without a 40 pound pack on my back!

Quote:

ehehe. (duck'n and a runnin' as we speak)

I know you can duck with the best of 'em, Tom, but you can run, too??? Shocked
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine was taken at Bryce Canyon in August. Had just finished a loop hike with a couple from Ohio and they took the pix.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I know you can duck with the best of 'em, Tom, but you can run, too??? Shocked

You need a "I'm gonna kill ya if'n I catch ya" emoticon. That one just don't cut it.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine is on top of Sunshine Mountain (14,001 feet) in Colorado. This was the best pic of me from any of the summits I did there, so I used it.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Daryl

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine is in Paria Canyon near Buckskin Gulch in May 2003.

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine was taken on the top of what I think is Goat Hill at the western end of the National Trail in South Mountain Park. I think it was taken around this time last year.
mike t

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine is cropped from a photo of me, GTG, and ZenPhx's legs/feet upon our return to the trailhead at the end of our Thunder River backpack in 10/02.

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine was taken Jan 27th 2003. It was my boys birthday and as is tradition they take the day off of school and we go 4 wheelin'. It was taken on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona by a Pink Jeep driver
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:06 pm    Post subject: my avatar Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is mine the only one that isn't from a hike? Oh well.
This is a pic of me a few years back, I cropped it.
That's my dog Sandy who is now 17.

Nothing special with my avatar, I wish I still had the stripperella one Hooli gave me! Now that would be something to talk about!! Wink

Sherileeaz Hiking
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No Sheri, mines not from a hike either.... I have never taken a decent picture out on a hike as I am always a bit of a mess on the trail so I just don't want to put my fellow hikers through such torture! Mine was taken out inmy back yard! If ever I get a good picture of myself out on the trail I would much rather use it but till that day comes I will stick with this one!

I want to shine!
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine was taken on a hike to Devils Chasm - before I found out I was going straight to hell. Surprised
GB
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/28/2003, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SUN_HIKER wrote:
Mine was taken on a hike to Devils Chasm - before I found out I was going straight to hell. Surprised
GB

Was the name, "Devil's Chasm", the clue?? Or are you going straight to hell for other reasons, maybe hanging with TOM??? Wink

You are in our sisterhood so we will save you! angel

Sherileeaz Hiking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: