ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
April's GHOTM in June!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2) (0) (0)
User
Hikngrl
wanderingsoul
User
User
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/5/2014, 12:30 pm    Post subject: April's GHOTM in June! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok so there are lots of reasons but I won't go into that! However! On the first weekend in June (6,7,Cool we are planning to head up to the Canyon and would love for you to join us! Depending on who comes and what their capabilities are we will either do a day hike down to Dripping Springs or the classic Bright angel across the To to and up Kiabab ( or the other way around) We will discuss it when everyone arrives and decide which we will do. Todd and I intend to drive up Friday after work and hike Sat and stay the night then head home Sunday. Will hope for the Grandview lookout tower camping area but if we can't get that then we will go out to the closed road outside Tusayan to our old standard spot.

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 5/5/2014, 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, now I have a date to work with. I'll plan on coming, but need to ask for time off first. we'll see how that goes

I want to camp, so will be waiting for further input.
May just do my own hike and y'all can do your's, won't interfer with anyone's plans

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 5/6/2014, 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So I was looking back and this is looking a lot like what I tried to post for last year! We had a great time last year, just ended up changing plans a bit. We were able to get the towers site last year so let's hope we can get it this year too, who ever gets up there first please grab it if you can and let someone know so the rest of us know where to go! Looking forward to this hike and seeing as many of you as we can!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 5/14/2014, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looked up Grandview. Think I found it , anyone heading up earlier that I could follow in?
Not 100% sure I've got the right place

desertgirl

PostPosted: 5/16/2014, 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let me see what I am doing and the weekend is not already spoken for I will be there!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/2/2014, 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok ladies! It's looking like it's going to be a ladies weekend! Todd is not going to be able to go. Plans remain the same however. I actually only see Michelle signed up. I am pretty sure Linda is going. Anyone else?

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/3/2014, 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okie dokie,

Just sent you and Todd an email diane. Was wondering if this was still on.

I planned on going up, just didn't know where to head in to camp.

So it looks like a go and I better start getting my plan and stuff together, Fri will be here quick...

wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/8/2014, 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Was a Wonderful weekend and GHOTM.
The Canyon was beautiful as always and amazing weather. Although still a bit warm for me. Unexpected treat we lucked out to see an Indian Dance show in the canyon.
Campsite away from it all and nice little place. Had a wonderful weekend away.
And our musical lunch while dining in Flag on way home. How lucky we were to have these unexpected treats.

Thanks Diane and Linda for letting me join you for a great getway.
And thank you Diane for doing the driving, so Miss Daisy could sit back and enjoy the ride Laughing

Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/8/2014, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh what a good time we had! Stayed on the rim and did the Rim Trail to the east of the village to the visitors center. Short sweet hike but it was in my Canyon! It is always like going home again! On our way back to the village we were blessed to arrive just in time for a demonstration of Native American dance that brought tears to my eyes a few times. So proud of the young people that take the time to practice and learn the dances that bring their ancient culture to today's world...

Camped just outside of the canon at the Grandview watch tower. For hose who use that site please be aware that some one is using the area to stage horses for his "business" and the corner we have used in the past is over run with horse poop and therefore flys! Very frustrating! We looked around while we were there though and found a few places real close that will work quite nicely to house a rather large group of GHOTM people! So come join us up there some time!

On the way home the three attendees all in the same truck decided to stop for pizza in Flag but on the spur of the moment whipped around the corner and parked at Josephine's American Bistro and were so very glad we did!!!! Yummy food and a lovely musician to make our experience even more enjoyable. His name was Vincent Z. He is a local guy from Flag and we enjoyed him very much. He even whistles!

Came home to 106 in the Valley with memories of our weekend to sustain us until next time! Sorry you all couldn't join us! We will keep trying to put things together and do what ever hike is appropriate for those who attend as we did this weekend! Hike on AZH! Hiking Hiking Hiking

I want to shine!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 6/13/2014, 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds fun! I've moved to Williams, so maybe I'll check that out sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: