ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Looking for a partner for my first Orienteering Meet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Orienteering Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirt4dinner

PostPosted: 3/23/2008, 3:52 pm    Post subject: Looking for a partner for my first Orienteering Meet. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would like to get into Adventure Racing at some point, but this it would be beneficial to participate in at least one orienteering meet.

I am having a tough time figuring out the meet schedules for Phoenix and Tucson, so if someone expresses interest in being on a small team for one of these events then we will go from there.

God put a lot on this earth for me to see...I'm just trying to figure out a way to see it all as quickly as possible!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jdahling

PostPosted: 3/29/2008, 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dirt,
I would be interested, however I have a truly horrendous schedule.

Many years ago I was working on a project with a team from Sweden. The project was in Canada - (Toronto) - which has a large orienteering focus. One of the Swedes offered to do an evening race wiht me to show me the ropes. It's a great experience.

If we can work this out - I would be game to try.

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dirt4dinner

PostPosted: 3/29/2008, 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alright. I have a taker! So now we need to figure out where/when an orienteering meet is. I will poke around a little. From what I understand they are usually 8 hour events where you attempt to find as many check points as you can. The farther from the starting line, and the more difficult the location the more points a check point is worth. So there is some strategy as well.

I will hit you up on PM when I get some info. It will probably be next weekend. I am heading to SOCAL for a 5 day trip on the PCT, and I leave on Wen. morning. I need to spend the weekend getting gear organized.

I am excited, hopefully we can figure something out!

God put a lot on this earth for me to see...I'm just trying to figure out a way to see it all as quickly as possible!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thunter

PostPosted: 11/2/2012, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just Google'd this. This looks like alot of fun .please let us know when you have a Meet i would love to try it .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: