ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
West Clear Creek! Aug 17th, 18th and 19th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(3) (3) (0)
User
Hikngrl
GTG
wanderingsoul
User
Hnak
beckett
KFarm
User
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/7/2012, 6:01 pm    Post subject: West Clear Creek! Aug 17th, 18th and 19th Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, Hnak was going to put this up but he may run into a snag that will not allow him to make it so I am putting it up as his proxy just in case.

We are planning on driving up after work Friday evening so we can get to hiking Saturday morning. Planning on staying in one of our usual spots (hopefully the big one close to the trail head!) Todd will post those details later. If anyone can take the whole of Friday off and wants to go up and save spots that would be groovy! We have been doing dinner individually and having shared appetizers prior to dinner and that has worked out quite nicely so that is what we will do this time as well.

Again, we will be taking the girls to play in the water so you have been fore warned. They are pretty well behaved but do require watching but we never expect anyone else to watch them for us. They are great entertainment When they are out there in the wilderness!

Bring floaties if you would like in case we run into any deep areas. Last time we were there at that camp site we did not but ya never know. Plan for lots of water play! Be prepared for rain. The AZH Corp of Engineers has had some pretty good experience in this area already this year so if it rains we will swing into action again.

Hope you can join us! It should be fun! Yep, it's a swimmer!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 8/7/2012, 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be there Saturday morning, and possibly camping that night too. Jamie is also hoping to come along.... Woohoo! Another GHOTM!

Thanks for posting this for me Diane!!

Mr. Green Mr. Green Yep, it's a swimmer!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 8/7/2012, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh yay Hnak! I am so glad you are coming! And Jaimi too!!!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/12/2012, 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A bit delayed but signed myself up for weekend. working on seeing what I can do for Fri. Maybe half-day off and could make it there by late afternoon?
We'll see what I can do. Just need to find directions again to make sure I'm heading to the right place.

Bringing asparagus to share for dinner and some fruit (strawberries if the look good & some melon) for snacking, breakfast or dessert.

And my floatie in case there is some water for it !
Try to remember to bring tarp this time Embarassed

Thanks for putting this up. Maybe we can get a few more ...
And Linda is coming to celebrate her 1st time here...good deal Linda, looking forward to see you again

Will be nice to see you again Hank and I don't think I've ever met Jaime, so it will be nice to see you both

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
tibber

PostPosted: 8/14/2012, 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would love to come but I gotta stay home for a weekend to catch up on everything. As always, I wish you lots of joy, fun, laughter and without a doubt good food and drink.
beckett

PostPosted: 8/14/2012, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm so sad I won't be able to make it on this one. Seven years ago this was the first hike I went on with AZH. I really wish I could have made this one. Sad

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/15/2012, 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, the dogs and I are planning on heading up Friday night after work.

Directions to camp -

You can take 260 East from 17 (Camp Verde) about 30 miles to FSR144, take left to FSR149, take left and head N on FSR149 to FSR142. This is a T intersection. Take a right and head E on FSR142 to FSR142E. Take left and take to end of road which is where the campground is located. There are a number of sites, but we snagged one of the last sites on the left side last time which is pretty large.

The alternate route in is to take 87/260 through Pine/Strawberry to just past the 260 intersection. FSR149 will be a mile or two further on the left side. Take this N to the FSR142 intersection (then right to 142E).

GTG
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/15/2012, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd for the directions again.

I'll head out early Sat morning and see you there I'm shooting for 7am again
Hope that is early enough

Sorry you won't be coming Linda and Tibber Crying or Very sad would have been nice to see you. Hope to see ya another time

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
KFarm

PostPosted: 8/16/2012, 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Goob... Well that's funny. I came to the site to see if I could find these directions as I was thinking of taking the girls up this weekend. Last year we tried but there was still snow. Low and behold you'll be up there. Might just have to stop up there so you can show me the ropes of the area and the trail. If I do, I will be bringing my brother outlaw, four kids, and a dog for Sat/Sun. If that is ok?

John Wayne
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 8/16/2012, 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wish I could make this one but I also have to stay home this weekend and "git things done". Have a blast!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
kerim

PostPosted: 8/16/2012, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hello, everybody!
Nice to see all of you again.
GTG, Hikngrl, what time do you plan to leave Phoenix on Friday? If it is not secret, of course)) Me and my wife would like to join you.

p.S. A couple questions. What is the floaties and GHOTM? Couldn't find the translation in the Google.
What about making a barbecue there? Is it allowed or not?
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 8/16/2012, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GHOTM = Group Hike Of The Month

Floaties = Inflatables

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/16/2012, 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kerim, good to hear from you again.
We may not leave Peoria until 7:00 - 8:00 PM. (maybe earlier if we're lucky)
It will take us about 2.5 hours to get to the campsite. We would be happy to have you follow us up.

From what I see there are currently no fire restrictions, so we can have a campfire and use stoves as well. We will bring some firewood along.

Floaties would be an inflatable device used to float your pack or yourself through deep water. We will not have to negotite deep water unless you want to. The trail down to the creek is very steep but only about 1/2 mile long. Once you arrive at the creek, there is a gravel beach and plenty of exploring in either direction in the creek. Plan on bringing a lunch and spending a good time.

Do you still have my phone number?

GTG

kerim wrote:
hello, everybody!
Nice to see all of you again.
GTG, Hikngrl, what time do you plan to leave Phoenix on Friday? If it is not secret, of course)) Me and my wife would like to join you.

p.S. A couple questions. What is the floaties and GHOTM? Couldn't find the translation in the Google.
What about making a barbecue there? Is it allowed or not?

Hikngrl

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kerim and Elenora (sorry, I am sure I spelled that wrong). If you will be camping with us you should be prepared for rain. Dinner on Saturday will be like dinner last time. We will bring tarps for rain protection. This is a fun place where you can just hike down and play or you can hike as far as you want up or down stream. Can't wait to see you two again!

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 8/17/2012, 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Although I so need some fun these days, once again, I will have to miss out! Crying or Very sad

Hopefully, next time!! my fingers are crossed

Have a great time!! Yep, it's a swimmer!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: