ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tony Childers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/15/2012, 5:59 am    Post subject: Tony Childers Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you know this but I wanted to get this out to as many as possible so we could support Tony and Karen as much as possible. They gave me permission to post this.

Tony is facing cancer yet again and has been receiving chemo preparing him for a stem cell transplant. We used to know this as a bone marrow transplant. He and Karen are keeping a blog ( http://ajcstatus.blogspot.com/) to keep us informed on how he is doing and could use all the love they can get right now!

Please pray, send cards, bring a meal, visit if Tony is up to it. Don't forget Karen! She needs us too! Mayo has a wonderful tool for us to use! Here is a link to a calendar full of opportunities for us to help! http://www.carecalendar.org/logon/101445 God bless you all for your love and kindness! Let's take good care of our friends!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/15/2012, 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ps, codes for the calendar are as follows! CALENDAR ID : 101445
SECURITY CODE : 7159

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 2/15/2012, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Diane,
Been watching the Blog and Calendar.
Boy such an ordeal. But Tony sounds really good and positive, even with all that going on.
Keeping my hopes and prayers going for both Tony and Karen. This is a very difficult time.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 2/16/2012, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. I know everyone here who can help will help. I live really close to them so have already been in touch with Karen. And both of them are so positive although the last two weeks have been extremely difficult with all the therapy and the transplant. Prayers have been constant as has support from all their friends.

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 2/16/2012, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes thank you for sharing. I stumbled upon his blog. He does sound positive even during this difficult time! Hopes and prayers for him and Karen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: