ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Gear Contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
scatman

PostPosted: 1/25/2012, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Gear Contest Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hopefully no one or the administrators objects to this post as I'm not selling or profiting. Since most of us on here send nights in our sleeping bags I thought I'd share this contest with you. The goal of this contest, like my site is to promote people getting into the outdoors.

http://www.adventuresofscatman.com/2012/03/bag-night-challenge/

Sleeping in your bag, enter and win stuff.

--------------
Scatman

Get out there!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/26/2012, 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Works for me, spending the night in a sleeping bag this weekend. I won't win this one though. Welcome to the site scatman!

GTG
scatman

PostPosted: 1/26/2012, 10:41 am    Post subject: but you can win. Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG,

You might not rack up enough bag nights to win the Grand Prize but there is another grand prize that is completely random for anyone who enters. One bag night or 200, doesn't matter.

Scatman
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2012, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One of my sons has probably slept indoors less than 10% of the time over the past 2 or 3 years, and now lives in a tipi in Oregon. But people like him never compete in bag night contests! They don't get on the internet a lot!
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/29/2012, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like this idea, it will motivate me more to go backpacking or camping. Not that I need to be motivated to do that!
scatman

PostPosted: 2/3/2012, 12:07 am    Post subject: free gear can do funny things Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would agree most of us don't need motivation to get out and hike. I just love that with this contest, the contestants get rewarded for doing something they love.
scatman

PostPosted: 4/3/2012, 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Round one saw two lucky campers win some sweet Outdoor Research jackets. Round two prize is some cool Stanley products for around camp and some Action Wipes.
All nights since Jan. 1 count towards the overall so enter. Round two (3/1-4/30) ends this month, so if you haven't enter yet, do so. First place only has 6 nights this round. Someone has to have more than that from AZ.

Contest - http://www.adventuresofscatman.com/2012/03/bag-night-challenge/

Scatman
Get out there!
scatman

PostPosted: 5/9/2012, 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Round #3 is under way and the sun is out. Who's been out spending nights in their sleeping bags?

If you have you could win some sweet Julbo Dirt sunglasses. Go on over and enter your bag nights for a chance to win.

scatman

PostPosted: 8/13/2012, 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Round #4 is under way and almost over. Who's been out spending nights in their sleeping bags?

If you have you could win some soft and warm Ibex clothes. Go on over and enter your bag nights for a chance to win.

PS if you're entering a large group of bag nights you need to tell me the dates and where you spent them. Thanks.

--------------
Scatman
Get out there!
scatman

PostPosted: 9/4/2012, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So Round #3 just ended and it's on to Round #4. This round is sponsored by Osprey Packs. They're giving away either a Viper or Verve Pack to the person with the most bag nights from Sept. 1 to Oct. 30th.

Remember if you're just entering now you can still enter your previous bag nights for the year. Just be sure to send a reply or email telling me the dates so I can put them in the right round. Thanks!

http://www.adventure...ight-challenge/

Get out there!
scatman

PostPosted: 11/4/2012, 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Round #5 is over and the last Round is under way. Round #6 goes from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31. This time around a Custom Fuel Headlamp from Princeton Tec is up for grabs.
So get out there and start bagging nights. Remember if you're just entering now you can still enter your previous bag nights for the year. Just be sure to send a reply or email telling me the dates so I can put them in the right round. Thanks!

Get out there!
scatman

PostPosted: 1/7/2013, 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your support of the Bag Night Challenge. The winners have been decided. Check out the results here:

http://www.adventuresofscatman.com/2013/01/bag-night-challenge-winners/

I'd also like to thank the sponsors: Montbell, Stanley, Outdoor Research, Action Wipes, Thermarest, Osprey, Ibex, Princeton Tec and Julbo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: