ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
June 25/26
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(4) (0) (0)
User
Hikngrl
paintninaz
GTG
Hnak
User
User
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/13/2011, 4:55 pm    Post subject: June 25/26 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking at goin up to the Overlook for some climbing. Planning to camp Saturday night somewhere then possibly hike Kendrick Sunday then back to the valley if anyone is interested. If ya don't climb you are still welcome to join us for the hike Sunday!

Just gotta get out! Just checking to see if there is any interest. If not thats cool. I'll go anyway!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/13/2011, 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That sounds nice, I desperately need to get away. Unfortunately need to see what they scheduled me for. This date might just might work for me... I'd just camp Sat night and hike Sunday.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Hnak

PostPosted: 6/14/2011, 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Where is the Overlook? I'm interested in the Kendrick hike, but I'll have to see how things are at home first...
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 6/14/2011, 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Planned hiking and cycling in the Flagstaff area that weekend. Cycling out of Flag to Mormon Lake, hiking plans still planning.
chihiggs

PostPosted: 6/15/2011, 12:12 pm    Post subject: climb/hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Diane!! Sounds like an awesome plan. Let me check with Cristina as she mentioned something the other day about getting out. If we do not already have plans, this could be just the ticket Razz
sbkelley

PostPosted: 6/15/2011, 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That does sound fun, and the Overlook is a great climbing area. My buddies are throwing me a bachelor party that weekend, so probably can't get out of that one...

Have fun and keep us posted when you guys are going again - I'd love to join you guys on the rocks this summer
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/16/2011, 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: June 25/26 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:
Where is the Overlook?

It's just at the top of the switchbacks, off of 89A (if you're coming from Oak Creek Canyon)...you know the big pullout on the East side of the highway, has a sign "Scenic Overlook"...I know you've seen it.

Hikngrl wrote:
Looking at goin up to the Overlook for some climbing. Planning to camp Saturday night somewhere then possibly hike Kendrick Sunday...

I'm so out of shape, the hike will probably kill me ( my fingers are crossed ) but, what the heck...I'd be up for getting in some climbing and camping out with friends before attempting the mountain! Wink
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/17/2011, 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Join us Hank and Mike!!!! Scott, you go and have fun but be safe! We will look forward to climbing with you later!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 6/20/2011, 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: June 25/26 Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Hnak wrote:
Where is the Overlook?

It's just at the top of the switchbacks, off of 89A (if you're coming from Oak Creek Canyon)...you know the big pullout on the East side of the highway, has a sign "Scenic Overlook"...I know you've seen it.

Oh yea, I know where that is.

paintninaz wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:
Looking at goin up to the Overlook for some climbing. Planning to camp Saturday night somewhere then possibly hike Kendrick Sunday...

I'm so out of shape, the hike will probably kill me ( my fingers are crossed ) but, what the heck...I'd be up for getting in some climbing and camping out with friends before attempting the mountain! Wink

I think I'll attempt the hike too, it sounds like a good time!
chihiggs

PostPosted: 6/20/2011, 10:38 am    Post subject: Climb/camp Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane, our oldest has cheer camp (day camp-no overnight) Friday and Saturday. This will stop us from camping for the weekend.

I noticed your West Clear Creek post. I will post there.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/20/2011, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll have my answer by Thursday after work. Y'all decided yet where you'll be camping Sat nite? Hopefully I'll be able to locate the campsite

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/21/2011, 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hank, are you and Jaimi gonna join us at camp Sat night? I will be finding the directions to the correct camp sigt later today hopefully and posting them here. We will plan to use the site we have used previously when hiking Kendrick. Just don't remember where exactly it is off the top of my head. If anyone else remembers feel free to post it!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/21/2011, 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike, we will miss you guys but will hope you can join us for the next one. Michelle, my fingers are crossed Hiking

I want to shine!
chihiggs

PostPosted: 6/21/2011, 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Her you all go -- Todd posted these last year and it was easy as could be for me to get to the campsite in a 99 Saturn -- Hope this helps!!

Campsite: Directions to campsite:

From Flagstaff, go northwest on US 180 about 10 miles past the road to the Snowbowl, to the FS193 (on the left). (Note: this turnoff is 1 mile past the Nordic Center) Take FS 193 west about 3.5 miles to FS 171. Turn south (left) and go about .7 mile to FS 9003K. Turn northeast (left) onto FS 9003K about .4 of a mile. Just beyond the stock tank on your left the road forks. Take the left fork about 250 yards. There is a nice spot with a cul-de-sac drive up into the trees with a great view of the San Francisco Peaks.
(This is the same campsite as the Lava Tube 2006 GHOTM and the Kendrick 2006 GHOTM)
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 6/21/2011, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome Mike! Thanks! Thats exactly what I was gonna go looking for tonight!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: