ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Day Hike in the Superstitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobthepome

PostPosted: 1/23/2011, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Day Hike in the Superstitions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can someone please recommend a good day hike in the Supes? Something not too strenuous - about 8 - 10 miles or so? I've done a couple of weekend backpack trips there, but I'd like to do just a day hike this coming Saturday (29JAN11).
Thanks for your help.
hiking2

PostPosted: 1/24/2011, 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bob,
There are numerous alternatives that would satisfy your request. I wouldn't know where to begin with a recommendation other than to suggest picking a trail head [First Water comes to mind] and mapping out a loop. If you have the capability for a shuttle, the trail from Canyon Lake to FW is one that provides some great terrain, flowing water and canyons. It, and hundreds of others, are available at the HAZ website (http://hikearizona.com). Good Luck.
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/24/2011, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You gotta love the Perulta Trailhead too!
Nice loop Dutchman trail/ Bluff Springs.

Deborah
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 1/24/2011, 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about Haunted Canyon?
bobthepome

PostPosted: 1/24/2011, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks all for the input. One constraint - I don't have a 4WD vehicle anymore so need to start from a readily accessible trailhead.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 1/25/2011, 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Garden Valley Loop from First Water Trailhead.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 1/25/2011, 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bobthepome wrote:
Thanks all for the input. One constraint - I don't have a 4WD vehicle anymore so need to start from a readily accessible trailhead.

You may alrady be aware of this, but on hikearizona.com, you might consider using Joe's 'Traildex', it's a program whereby you may enter your specific parameters and the program will search for hikes meeting them > http://hikearizona.com/interestDEX.php?ID=34

kurt

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
CannondaleKid

PostPosted: 1/26/2011, 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bobthepome wrote:

The most easily accessed trail heads on this end of the Supes like Peralta, First Water and Canyon Lake all are good for day hikes and a car will get you to them.

I second using HikeArizona TRailDex to pick out a hike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: