ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What's on your 2011 hiking wishlist ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 3:21 pm    Post subject: What's on your 2011 hiking wishlist ? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's throw out some of our wishlists -- perhaps some GHOTMs can emerge out of these ? Very Happy
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Somehow, I can manage to go to the ends of the world to hike but just don't seem to manage to do enough in my own backyard...

Very Happy More local dayhiking ....

On mine ....

1. Camelback
2. Picacho Peak
3. Flatiron or more so overnight on Flatiron!
4. Weavers needle Rock Climb
5. 1 dry canyoneering experience ....
6. Fish Creek
7. Something in the Tucson area
8. Humphreys in Fall via Weatherford as a backpack perhaps
9. Camp in the Superstitions
10. AZT in Northern AZ ...
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1.) Zion Narrows backpack
2.) Spooky and Peekaboo Gulch and lots of Escalante hikes
3.) Denali National Park (I have a friend in Alaska so this might be do-able)
4.) Keet Seel
5.) Aravaipa
6.) More Grand Canyon
7.) Havasupai
8.) Cabin Loop, Mogollan Rim
9.) Bryce Canyon, Under the Rim trail backpack
10) Colorado, Rocky Mountain N'tl Park

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1. Mont Blanc
2. Alta Via 1 or 2 in the Dolomites (110-150 miles each)
3. A few Via Ferrata Routes somewhere
4. Less rain and more hiking this year.

Give us a like on Facebook too please!
http://www.facebook.com/jdombstravels
bobthepome

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hoping to do the Inca Trail in 2011 - if I can find the $$$!!!
And of course the Grand Canyon
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am hoping to live up to my screen name and actually hike this year!

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

More Grand Canyon..... Lots more than the past couple years! Mr. Green
MaxPower

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1. Grand Canyon
2. More Grand Canyon
3. Still more Grand Canyon

Since I currently hike there about once every 7-10 days, next year I'm hoping for even more time below the rim. Specifically, I want to get off trail even more and climb a few buttes, etc. Scrambled to the top of Cardenas Butte on Christmas day...more of that would be fun!

4. There is an outside chance of a hike in New Hampshire in October, when I fly back east for my son's wedding.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Max, Hank and Diane,

Yo'alls are one my page so lets do some more Grand Canyon!!!!

MAX...if you get the chance to hike in New Hampshire do Mt Washington via Tucks..hard as heck but a great hike!!! I'm from New England so I've done it.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
cakewalk

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Angels landing in Zion
MaxPower

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:

MAX...if you get the chance to hike in New Hampshire do Mt Washington via Tucks..hard as heck but a great hike!!! I'm from New England so I've done it.

Mr. Green

Very Happy I'm from New England as well, just having moved here this past June. I looked back at my hiking log and realized I've climbed Mt Washington 40 times since 1975! I agree, it's a fabulous hike, and going up through Huntington Ravine is even better than Tuckerman, if only because you're usually the only one doing it on that day. My one regret is that I hadn't finished climbing the 48 4,000 footers in winter before I left...I am 3 peaks short of doing that. Confused
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/27/2010, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AWWW.... I like Tuckerman's just for the challenge........Mount Katahdin??? This is very cool meeting another New Englander here in AZ. I think I've met 3 in ten years. The deciding question is are you a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan????

Question

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/28/2010, 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm in Trish!!!

I want to shine!
MaxPower

PostPosted: 12/28/2010, 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
AWWW.... I like Tuckerman's just for the challenge........Mount Katahdin??? This is very cool meeting another New Englander here in AZ. I think I've met 3 in ten years. The deciding question is are you a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan????

Question

Hahaha....put me down as "neither"!! New England Patriots though, definitely. Baseball is just something that I can't get excited about. Yes, Katahdin is amazing...crossing the Knife Edge is something everyone should do in their lifetime.

We'll have to all get together and do a Canyon Hike this Spring. I always seem to run into New Englanders when I'm up there. Very Happy
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/28/2010, 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Trish --we should chat -- some of your hikes are stuff I would love to do ! Very Happy
Of course there's always more Canyon -- I know that will happen so I did not even put it on my list! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: