ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Red River Gorge, KY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
John13np

PostPosted: 12/8/2010, 9:10 am    Post subject: Red River Gorge, KY Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just made it out here from the Red River Gorge in the Daniel Boone National Forest in Eastern Kentucky. I have never been to KY before I went there back in Feb. I had no idea what to expect and I loved the anticipation I had going out there. It was some of the best 7 months I spent of my life working there and exploring the thousands of miles of cliff line and the majestic views of the 'Greenige' that you'll get there.

The Red River Gorge supports an unusual array of plant and animal life. The diversity may be attributed to geographic location, topography, and glacial history. A significant number of endangered, threatened, sensitive or rare species of plants and animals exist in the area.

The RRG is part of the Daniel Boone National Forest which contains an estimated 500 miles of trails through rugged terrain made of sandstone cliffs and exposed limestone rock faces.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/districts/cumberland/redriver_gorge.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: