ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Search and Rescue for Joe Domin GPSJOE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 9:04 am    Post subject: Search and Rescue for Joe Domin GPSJOE Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi all;
Most of you know my long time hiking buddy GPSJOE. After not hearing from Joe for over one week and also confirming with hiking buddy Hank (grasshopper) we both became concerned enough for me to drive to Joe's place and see if he was home. It's very unusual for Joe's presence not be seen in the hiking world through his post's and beautiful photo's.

Finding a three day delivery package sitting by the front door gave added suspicion. My husband tracked that the package was delivered on the 9th of Nov and the last email from Joe to us was on the 7th. I know Joe would always make sure when he ordered a new toy that he was home to receive and play with it.

The long and the short we contacted the Sheriff's Dept. and emailed them a track file to the location we suspected Joe went to explore. Last night around midnight the Sheriff called me to tell me they found his SUV at that TH and this morning as I'm typing S&R is out looking for Joe. Please keep him in your prayers and pray for a miracle.
Sadly,
Gabriele
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
tibber

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh my gosh. Please keep us up-to-date on this.

And if I can be of assistance, let me know too. 480-664-6641 daytime phone.
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gabriele,

This is distressing news to those of us that have grown to know Joe over the years. What area was Joe hiking in? Did he have a SPOT satellite locator? I know that he talked about it one time. If he does have one it could possibly be used to get a track of his latest trip, assuming that he had it on broadcasting his location.

Please keep us informed as progress is made to find him. I know theres not much that I can do from Maryland, but I will be closely following the search effort.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 10:56 am    Post subject: Hope.. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hope Joe is okay. It's ironic that I pulled up an old link to get to the site. It was a thread that Joe started about navigation 2 years ago.

I hope the SAR finds him soon and well.

GTG
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a short bit I found on the web about GPSJoe, although they don't name him.

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2010/nov/16/crews-looking-missing-hiker/
beckett

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will keep Joe in my thoughts and prayers. He's a member of the AZH family.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uh oh. A whole week? Joe didn't leave any information about the trip plans? That's odd. He's usually on top of the game.

I'm willing to help out with the search in any way I can.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is very, very worrisome and upsetting news. I really hope they find him soon.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you for the info Gabriele. My heart sunk when I read this post. He is certainly in my prayers. I hope that the info you sent leads the search crews in the correct direction.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Gabriele for the heads up. Joe is in our prayers and as stated previously we all await news of Joe or information of how we could possibly help.

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh No, very distressing news, how awful. Not good at all. Brought a tears to my eyes to hear this! Joe is such a wonderful man. I'll be keeping Joe in my thoughts and prayers.
I sure hope he is OK and found soon.
Thank you for posting and I'm hoping the Search Team finds him, like NOW!
Please keep us posted but I'll be following the search. Wished there was a way for me to help.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is not good news. I surely hope they find Joe soon since we all know and love him. GB, please post updates and how we can help........I'm sure any and all of us will get out there.

Crying or Very sad

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Preston Sands

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello Gabriele,

So very sorry to hear about Joe. Did Joe's track file indicate a specific area he was going to explore?
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very distressing news. My prayers out to Joe. Please let us know if there is anything I can do.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/16/2010, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hope he's just out on a longer stroll. I would gladly help with the search if I was there. Doesn't sound like good news though with the package. Hope Joe is alright, I'll be watching this.

Give us a like on Facebook too please!
http://www.facebook.com/jdombstravels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: