ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Nov. 20-21 Back pack! Let's call it a GHOTM!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(2)
User
Hikngrl
Tom Treks
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anne,

I've been on that trail 3-4 times and you don't need 4WD to get to it but driving there through BlueBird Mine requires a sharp eye to keep on the public road but I know the way. There is only parking for 3-4 vehicles at the "TH". The trail follows an old Jeep Road than a trail and creek and is not difficult. There's a spring that offers great water so we don't have to pack all our water in for the weekend.

I'll be happy to give you a ride.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well 2 are signed up and lots of others said they are interested, so it looks like you guys are gonna have a nice size group going in. Enjoy! It is pretty down there with the trees and all. With more people maybe it won't seem so eerie, but it is called Haunted Canyon you know Shocked

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 9:47 pm    Post subject: Haunted Canyon Reply to topic Reply with quote

This sounds like a fine idea. Let me see what is going on around here and see about Cris and I coming out

Very Happy
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike...would be great to see you after all these years!!!!

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/1/2010, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Registered Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just registered but it may turn into 2 or 3 Very Happy
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/2/2010, 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trish, any advanced "scouting" you wanna do would be greatly appreciated by all I am sure!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/7/2010, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Linda, that is a nice hike, you will like it !

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/8/2010, 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wanna go but I am not sure right now ..too many things open as far as my schedule goes. Will you be OK with a last minute sign up Diane ?
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/8/2010, 1:24 pm    Post subject: car pool Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thinking about a car pool. We could meet at the Basha's out in Gold Canyon. I am taking the suburban, can fit 3-5 more with backpacking gear...Meet at Bashas 7:45ish to be on the road no later than 8am....just a thought.

Gold Canyon people, is one hour enough time to get from there to the TH? Question
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/8/2010, 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah Ambika! No problem! No permit needed, no food to coordinate. Be resposonsible for yourself.... you can sign up as late as you want. Just thought it would be nice to know who to look for at the TH and set up a car pool situation there for the registration.

Speaking of carpools! If we take Todd's truck we will have extra room (for one) but if we take mine we will be full.... Todd's truck is looking a bit iffy at the moment though so perhaps we shouldn't put our selves out there for the car pool yet. Nut we should probable pare down to as few cars as possible if I remember correctly....

I want to shine!
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/9/2010, 12:42 pm    Post subject: parking Reply to topic Reply with quote

In a worst case scenario, 8 years ago, myself, Jme and her boys along with some others passed the little parking spot across from the TH to the end of the road where there is plenty of parking. It is roughly 1.5 miles west of the TH--I think Confused

We could set up a little shuttle over to those cars if things become to cramped...another possibility Idea
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/9/2010, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can't go down that road anymore to where the old corral is. The mine had it blocked off when I was there 2 years ago.....with some major heavy duty machinery all up that road. Only place to park (that I know of) is that little parking area before you cross the bridge heading to Miles TH and then you have to walk up that road to the TH. I'm hoping to take a drive this weekend to scope it out IF I get my new tires.

Mr. Green

oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/9/2010, 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Trish, I would be happy to meet wherever to catch a ride! I need to see if I can go!
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/17/2010, 4:54 pm    Post subject: Back out Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the late notice; I need to back out of the backpack trip. I found out Monday that I will be part of a pilot group for the earth science high school test. These tests and/or 24 college credits get one certified as "Highly Qualified" under the "No Child Left Behind" legislation. I am HQ for biology and general sciences but not earth science. I do not have any formal education in the field so I need to take and pass the test to continue teaching the subject at our school. I am in the process of getting the necessary college credits but that won't occur quick enough so, I'll take the pilot test this Saturday at Gilbert High School. The pilot test should go a long way toward helping and guiding my studies for the release of this new AEPA test on June 4th of 2011. I apologize for the late notice but I found out about it Monday and just haven't gotten around to posting. I have not been contacted about car pooling so I guess it doesn't cause any body a problem but I will miss this AWESOME trip Sad
oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/17/2010, 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good luck Higgs! I also not able to attend. I have too much to do at home. Have a wonderful time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: