ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Arizona Four Peaks Amethyst Helicopter Mine Tour Weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 10/9/2010, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Arizona Four Peaks Amethyst Helicopter Mine Tour Weekend Reply to topic Reply with quote

Saw this in the paper and I know many pass by the mine--a little pricey but for 4hrs it might be worth the price as copter rides are not cheap. I think the store below must own the mine as I've heard from hikers it's still active.

Arizona Four Peaks Amethyst Helicopter Mine Tour Weekend: 8 a.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 22, 23. Take a helicopter ride to Four Peaks Amethyst Mine in the Tonto National Forest in the Mazatzal mountains, get a private tour of the mine and receive a souvenir 1.50-carat stone. Participants can book four-hour tours that start at Sami Fine Jewelry as early as 8 a.m., with the last takeoff at 5 p.m. Oct. 22 or 23. Reservations required. Limited availability. Sami Fine Jewelry, 16704 Avenue of the Fountains, Fountain Hills. $395. 480-837-8168. www.arizonagems.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/travel/articles/2010/10/08/20101008arizona-things-to-do-air-force-pirates-penzance.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: